Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with finding pointers for EVE Online

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onen
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Help with finding pointers for EVE Online Reply with quote

Ok, here it goes... For example I need to find a pointer that points to the address of the value of health. I search for the health value, find the address, but then comes the tricky part. In EVE Online every time i loose health or any other value is changed, the game changes all the addresses, so there is no way to get the address of a pointer, even if you do get an address of a pointer, most of eve's pointers are multi-leveled so there is no way to get lower level pointers... since they change every time a value is changed. Any ideas / suggestions?

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I need the health value (and many others) for a bot. I'm not intending to change any client memory.
popo
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check the jjp
Pymbley
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

search for your health until you found the address, then right click then click find what writes to this address, then get hit again and something will appea,r click it then click more info, a thing will tell you what the address of the pointer should be and what is ever number is in the brackets is the offset,
now make a new scan then click hex and search for the value it said the pointer should be
use that address and add the offset, if there is no offset in the brackets in the more info part use 0 as the offset
(i hope i am right)
Onen
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pymbley wrote:
search for your health until you found the address, then right click then click find what writes to this address, then get hit again and something will appea,r click it then click more info, a thing will tell you what the address of the pointer should be and what is ever number is in the brackets is the offset,
now make a new scan then click hex and search for the value it said the pointer should be
use that address and add the offset, if there is no offset in the brackets in the more info part use 0 as the offset
(i hope i am right)

Thanks for the effort but unfortunetly you're wrong, because when i get hit ALL the addresses change including the pointers. The game simply stores the new health value in an absolutely different location, thus the pointer value i get from finding "what writes to this address" is irrelevant.

popo wrote:
check the jjp

Could you elaborate on that please ?
shadesdude
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go ahead and PM me I'll give you some info I found. A heads up I also already have a working bot shell that as of now is just macro but will take minimal ammount of time once the structs are figured out if you want to combine efforts (already got an advanced single user key and update system in place also). Because of eve's advanced struct system you can't actually use memory adresses but you can insert breakpoints and use codecaves so that it returns the value you want as it is being processed.
Onen
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aperantly i can't PM people yet. What do you use, IRC / Skype / Msn ?
shadesdude
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I PM'd you with contact info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: