Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seeking guidance: ODBC and data transfer to MySQL using Lua

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikey1993
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:08 pm    Post subject: Seeking guidance: ODBC and data transfer to MySQL using Lua Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I'm currently working on a project where I need to extract data from a program using Cheat Engine and securely transfer it to a MySQL database hosted on my website. To achieve this, I believe utilizing ODBC for the connection between Cheat Engine's Lua and the MySQL database is the way to go. However, I could use some guidance on the steps involved, both on my local PC and the website host.

Specifically, I'm seeking assistance on the following:

1. Configuring ODBC Connection: How do I set up and configure an ODBC connection between Cheat Engine's Lua and the MySQL database on my website host? Are there any specific configurations or settings I need to be aware of?

2. Data Transfer: Once the ODBC connection is established, how can I effectively transfer the extracted data from Cheat Engine to the MySQL database on the website host? Are there any best practices or considerations for data security and integrity during the transfer process?

3. Local PC Requirements: Are there any additional software or drivers I need to install on my local PC to enable ODBC integration within Cheat Engine's Lua? Are there any compatibility issues or prerequisites I should be aware of?

4. Website Host Requirements: What setup or configurations are necessary on the website host to facilitate the ODBC connection and ensure smooth data transfer? Are there any specific server-side configurations or permissions that need to be addressed?

If you have experience or expertise in integrating ODBC with Cheat Engine's Lua and have insights into the requirements and best practices for both the local PC and the website host, I would greatly appreciate your input. Any advice, code examples, or resources you can provide would be invaluable in helping me navigate this integration successfully.

Thank you for your time and support. I'm excited about this project and eager to learn from the knowledgeable members of this community.

Best regards,
Mikey
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's possible, but since you mention secure i won't go into details. secure and letting a client connect to a database directly are two opposing solutions (anyone who reads your lia script can access your database and do whatever query they like on it)

Setup a website (e.g php) where you receive data in get/post fields and insert that into the database. (you can use getInternet() and then getURL/postURL)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
mikey1993
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks DarkByte,

Just to confirm, if I understand correctly, using Cheat Engine's Lua, I can send data from my local PC to my website by utilizing the 'getInternet()' function along with 'getURL()' or 'postURL()'. Since this script is intended for my personal use only, data security is not a primary concern. Before I delve into further research, I wanted to ensure that my understanding is accurate. Could you please clarify or provide any additional insights on this matter?

note: it's also important that I be able to retrieve said data for the purposes of checking it against the game's data to determine whether to update the data in the database or not.
mikey1993
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would this basically be about right or have I missed anything ?

Sending Data:

1. Use PostURL() to send the data from Cheat Engine to a PHP script on your website.

2. In the PHP script, retrieve the data sent by Cheat Engine and perform any necessary processing or validation.

3. Use PHP's MySQL functions or a database abstraction layer to store the data in the MySQL database.

Retrieving Data:

1. Use GetURL() in Cheat Engine to send a request to a PHP script on your website.

2. In the PHP script, retrieve the requested data from the MySQL database.

3. Format the data (e.g., JSON encode) and send it back as the response to the GetURL() request.

4. Handle the received data in Cheat Engine's Lua script.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes

CE's ceshare does the same. (except it uses xml instead of json)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: