Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Attempting Into the Radius Cheats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LostManAbroad
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:09 am    Post subject: Attempting Into the Radius Cheats Reply with quote

Okay, so I have managed to do a cheat where the box of ammo I use for my pistol is infinite. I wanted to do a cheat to make the gun itself have infinite ammo but I cannot figure it out. I know it is possible as I am not the first person to do this but the person who first cracked it made a cheat table for a previous version of the game and it no longer works.

I am curious how other people would handle this. In this game the gun doesn't just have a number counter for the bullets. The magazine actually has visible bullets that you load into it and when you slide the magazine into the pistol and pull the slide back a bullet is removed from the magazine and enters the chamber of the gun. I am explaining this for anyone who has not actually played the game.

My failed attempt: I started by doing a 4 byte, exact amount search of 8 (8 bullets in the magazine). I then pulled the slide back to chamber the first round and then did a CE search for 7. Still a few hundred results so I fired a shot and then searched for 6. Still too many results so I fired one more shot and searched for 5 which got me to the correct address. I tested it by firing one more shot and sure enough the number dropped to 4 so I changed th number back to 8 and clicked the check box to lock the number at 8. I then tried to fire another shot and straight away the game crashed.

Any suggestions?
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not search for exact values. Instead, search for increased/decreased value. Start with unknown initial value.

If the values in the clip and chamber are treated separately, then focus on the clip value, since that will be easier.
LostManAbroad
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I don't understand. I thought I had already found the clip. It's value matched the number of bullets in the clip and it was reducing by one every time I fired a shot.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not everything is always as it seems. If you think that you have found the correct value, then freeze or manually change the value and see if your changes occur in-game. If the intended result does not occur, then you have not found the correct value.

EDIT: Some values are 'visual-only', and do not actually change the 'amount' that you are trying to change.
TsTg
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some games intend to hide the actual values of items (the bullets count in this case) to prevent cheats like this, so, as ++METHOS said, try again by searching uknown value, then try decreased/increased value search

if it still no go, try the unknown search again but this time, filter by changed/unchanged values
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: