Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Ori and the Will of the Wisps] Immortality

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KiberAndy
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:47 pm    Post subject: [Ori and the Will of the Wisps] Immortality Reply with quote

The bottom line is that the game can kill even with immortality (It's only at certain points)

How can I turn off this instant kill me? I put a mark on the record on the pointer, then killed and went to the disassembler, replaced mov with add, but the game generally set me 0 HP forever, in some situations it seemed to be frozen (I also tried to replace NOPs, as far as I remember, it was just that HP was frozen, but the boss instantly kills me)

(I understand little in programming, I know very little)

The game also has a little over 200 pointers to HP and all of them are working... Is that normal? I sifted several times, still a lot of them.

I played with the trainer from FLiNG, but there is no absolute immortality, only the usual one.

I want to understand how to solve the problem, because I can’t go any further, and at least I can learn something new

2022-01-15_223140.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  538.67 KB
 Viewed:  1794 Time(s)

2022-01-15_223140.png

LeFiXER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless this is the function which is responsible for deducting your health by the amount of damage received, it's unlikely changing mov to add will work as you have discovered.

It's possible the game has logic to determine the type of damage the player receives.
KiberAndy
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeFiXER wrote:
type of damage

Interesting theory

Frouk
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try to nop xor ecx,ecx
KiberAndy
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frouk wrote:
try to nop xor ecx,ecx

I tried nop, as well as just jumping (jmp) through this address, normal immortality turned on.
So you need to look further, maybe LeFiXER is right and there is another type of damage that kills instantly, with my skills it will be difficult to find this...

TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiberAndy wrote:
Frouk wrote:
try to nop xor ecx,ecx

I tried nop, as well as just jumping (jmp) through this address, normal immortality turned on.
So you need to look further, maybe LeFiXER is right and there is another type of damage that kills instantly, with my skills it will be difficult to find this...

I've seen in many games, when it calculates the new value it will check if it's below 0 then trigger "death". So it might be above that code that is calculates and checks before writing the new value. Or it might be where this function is called, i.e. it calculates the new value then calls a "set health" function if above 0. You might have better luck if you use "see what access this address" and find where it reads the heath value before writing, and follow from the read to see what it does to calculate the new value.

How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to hack the moment, there was a jne jump, I sent it to a certain call and it just started to beat me endlessly when damage is dealt, this happens many times per second, but does not kill. I made a script from this, if you turn it on before / during the cut-scene, then there may be bugs, my boss disappeared, then I tried to turn it on after the cut-scene and everything became normal.

After restarting and enabling the script, as soon as I get damaged, the game freezes and crashes xD

So it only works until the restart, probably then something changes very much

If someone wants to repeat, then here is the screenshot. I found instructions that refer to the HP address, then I hit it and a new line appeared there, click on it - Disassembler and there will be lines right next to it. Copy the address of the call (Just click on it, then Ctrl + G and the address will appear), then double click on jne and change only the address that you copied before and should work. Jump guide to the second call

I really hope that you will understand this text, because the translator may erroneously translate xD

2022-01-16_203524.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  506.42 KB
 Viewed:  1703 Time(s)

2022-01-16_203524.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: