Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Floats are displayed with only 2 decimal places

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AXWMajor
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:58 am    Post subject: Floats are displayed with only 2 decimal places Reply with quote

Hi! I'm new here, so cheers to everybody and I'm very sorry if this question was asked before, but I searched for a long time and cannot find any answer.

It seems that by default floats are displayed by Cheat Engine with a precision of two decimal places. That happens for instance if you set the Display Type to float in the Memory Viewer, or if you view the XMM registers as float when stopped at a breakpoint, etc.

Sometimes having only two decimal points is not enough, especially when small values all get printed as 0.00 or 0.01. In the Memory Viewer you can at least double-click on them and get the full precision value, but in the register viewer a double click will only get you the value rounded to 2 decimal places.

Is there any way to change this default, so that floats are printed everywhere with a higher precision? Thanks!
booingthetroll
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been a big issue for me too, 2 is not enough
Sigma1202
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same issue here, a few weeks ago I was trying to make a cheat table for a game that used really low float values and had to give up, Dark Byte should really consider adding a setting for it in the future versions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: