Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About the code filter (@DarkByte)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrinceOfOblivion
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:45 am    Post subject: About the code filter (@DarkByte) Reply with quote

Just wanted to say thank you for the new code filter feature. It's awesome! I've always wanted to use ultimap but limited to my AMD build and now with the code filter this isn't an issue. I just wanted to provide some insight for future versions.

I think it'd be great if it's not too expensive to add an additional tab for the number of times the function was called rather than just a tab for whether or not the function has been Executed, and then it will also be great if clicking on that tab will order the addresses in the list numerically so that we may easily sort through addresses.

For example, I was testing on the CE tutorial and I click the hit me button once to take away my health. I see a bunch of calls that were executed and it'd just be easier to see that particular damage function by seeing that it was called one time.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll see if can add a checkbox for not removing the bp's. i recommend in advance already to only use that once the number of addresses is less than 100 else it will take a long time (if you tried the branch recorder you'll know how fast it will be with it always on)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
PrinceOfOblivion
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yeah I can imagine logging all those calls would take long/throw too many exceptions so it'd probably be best to filter from a list of functions that were executed.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've looked at it but I it's not going to be that easy.

Currently: When an int3 bp hits, the code gets restored to the original and the program resumes

To get a count to work: On BP suspend all threads, restore the BP, do a single step on that one thread, set the BP back, and continue this and all other threads

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: