Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Attempting to make a trainer, cheats wont activate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
digger1213
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:18 am    Post subject: Attempting to make a trainer, cheats wont activate Reply with quote

I'm fairly new to Cheat Engine, and I'm new to this forum. I will start by saying I know the basics of finding values, finding pointers to values, writing very basic scripts, searching through the Memory Viewer, and most of the basics in general. I have created a few basic working scripts for games (and I can verify they work as their effects are visible in game, after restarting the game, restarting my PC, and everything, though my code is a little messy Laughing). I can freeze values using pointers, this works and is reflected in game.

My problem arises with attempting to make a trainer. I use the 'Generate generic trainer lua script from table' button. I set my hotkeys on the left, and verify they work in Cheat Engine. They do, and they toggle my cheats, which are reflected in-game. The text on the trainer does not turn red or otherwise indicate the cheat has been toggled. I am not worried about visuals or anything right now, so I'm not modifying the user interface manually, and I'm leaving it as default. If I do add a checkbox to any of my cheats on the trainer by designing the UI manually, the checkbox is grayed out and cannot be toggled (assuming it's supposed to toggle the cheat). If I save the trainer and reopen it, it still doesn't indicate that the cheats have been toggled, and only Cheat Engine toggles the cheats. If I close Cheat Engine, the trainer still doesn't do anything and my cheats no longer toggle. I've followed online videos step by step for making the trainers, though they don't seem to modify anything other than the visuals of the trainer, and even if I follow along and change the way my trainer looks it still doesn't function afterwards. I feel like I'm doing something wrong, but I don't really know what. I remember seeing the text turn red a single time I attempted to make a trainer, but I accidentally lost it by closing Cheat Engine and have never managed to reproduce it since. Here's a list of things I have tried:

Running Cheat Engine as admin
Running the trainer as admin
Disabling antivirus
Excluding Cheat Engine's and trainer's folder from antivirus
Restarting PC
Restarting game
Making and using a new table (trainer still doesn't do anything)
Making cheats and finding pointers for a new game to then try and make a trainer for (trainer still does nothing, have tried many different games)
Combinations of the above

I'm probably missing something really obvious, especially considering how new I am to this. Any help would be appreciated! Very Happy
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try generating your trainer as a .ct or .cetrainer and run those. see if they work or not

if they do, then perhaps your .exe package may be missing some ce extensions (e.g mono support or kernelmode) or you named your trainet's .exe the same as the game itself. (in which case the trainer will open itself)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
digger1213
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saved as .ct and it worked almost perfectly. I think I had two problems here, as I figured it out. One: I wasn't ticking the right extensions, like you suggested. In fact, I wasn't ticking any. The videos I was watching were outdated and didn't have the same boxes. Two: The main game I was trying to target was 64 bit the whole time... I'd assumed it was 32bit like many are, but it wasn't and I never thought to actually check. After fixing both of these issues, my trainer worked mostly great. Thank you so much! Very Happy

The reason it's only mostly great however, is one of my cheat scripts does this weird thing where it's inverted. In my trainer, I have two cheats. The second cheat works great, flawless. The first, however, has this strange issue. You start the trainer, and press the hotkey for the first cheat. The cheat turns on in game and the effects of the cheat start in game. However, the trainer does not turn the text for the cheat to the active color or indicate it's active. Pressing the button turns the cheat off, but *now* the text turns red. From then on, toggling it will always either turn the cheat on (and the text to the inactive color), or turn the cheat off (and the text to the active color). This same cheat works fine along with the other cheat in Cheat Engine itself. While this is pretty much only a visual issue as the cheat otherwise works fine, I'd like to see if I can fix it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
digger1213
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really know what the issue really was, but I fixed it. I copied the entire script, deleted the current entry in the cheat table, made a new Auto Assembler script, and copied the whole thing in. It works now. No weird invertion of the state. No clue what was causing it, it must have been something weird with the entry itself, probably caused by me somewhere along the way. Either way, it's fixed now Very Happy. Thanks for the help, Dark Byte!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: