Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Something Wrong With My CE? - Pointers (Local Base)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEVCORE
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject: Something Wrong With My CE? - Pointers (Local Base) Reply with quote

Hi all,
I don't know what is wrong with my CE. It seems that I cannot find the Local Player Base static pointer. It will not show "client.dll csgo" when looking in the health value and to get the static pointer. It will only show 5 green addresses of "wow64cpu.dll" and I cannot find the right pointer at all?

Why is this and how to fix? Why is CE not showing me the right pointer? I been trying to find the right static pointer for a day now and really puzzled. I am trying to find it manually so no pointer scanning.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps the address you're doing a hex scan for hotncalculated before with something else.
e.g add eax,200 and then sub [eax+80],10
then scan for eax-200

it's also possible that the addrees you're doing a pointer lookup for is not the actual health address. Pointers can only be found if changing the value has an actual effect in the game, and not just visual (e.g if you change ypur health from 100 to 1000000 and then get hit by something that does 50HP damage health must be 999950 and not 50 afterwards)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
DEVCORE
Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
perhaps the address you're doing a hex scan for hotncalculated before with something else.
e.g add eax,200 and then sub [eax+80],10
then scan for eax-200

it's also possible that the addrees you're doing a pointer lookup for is not the actual health address. Pointers can only be found if changing the value has an actual effect in the game, and not just visual (e.g if you change ypur health from 100 to 1000000 and then get hit by something that does 50HP damage health must be 999950 and not 50 afterwards)

I am new to this but I have found Local Player Base for Assault Cube before. But for CSGO I'm doing the same method but it is not working.

I know the OFFSET for Health Value is "FC" reference from other people thread and also doing Pointer Scan. So I know it is "FC".

But when I try to find the pointer manually from the offset FC it will not show any static addresses only "wow64cpu.dll"

I'm really tired and confused trying to figure out what is wrong lol. :S Could it be something wrong with the debugger?
Bloodybone
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For games made in source the client.dll is just what the player sees so it won't be the real value the real health value is probably gonna be server.dll or atleast thats how it works in other source games e.g Gmod, Half-life 2

Edit:I found the player base health pointer my self and I found 3 instantly (21C is the offset)
server.dll+8EC9AC +21C
server.dll+93F6C4 +21C
server.dll+999EF4 +21C
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: