Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with moves left

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blastoad
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject: Help with moves left Reply with quote

Not sure if I'm in the right area, but I need help with locking in how many moves I have left. I download toonblast on my pc from //games(dot)lol/toon-blast/ and I have been trying to use cheat engine to lock in the move sets. I'm not technical enough to figure out what might be going wrong. I tried 2,4 and 8 bytes, float and binary. Nothing seems to work. I check for the first value, then go and do a move to drop it from 35 to 34. I check for the 34 file and it brings up maybe 4 address. After I do it again, so 33, there are no address. The 4 address that usually show up after the scanning the second time do nothing to lock in the number of moves I have left. Anyways, any help with be welcomed. Thanks
Snooman
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the number counts down as your moves do - but do not affect "real" in game moves when changed, then the "real" moves are stored somewhere else.

Probably the value of "moves left" is encrypted (maybe simple xor/add encryption).

Method A)
You can try to break and trace what writes those addresses - as they have to be a link to the original value. (requires some ASM knowledge)

Method B)
Try to scan for changed/unchanged values. (This takes more tries to narrow down search results.) If you have filtered results acceptably, you may try to freeze those values and see if "moves left" freezes also.

TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could also just be calculated with; max. moves - moves completed = display of moves left. So try looking for moves completed, and keep it for going up, or use that to find the max. moves allowed and change that.
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both. I tried method B (wasn't sure how to do A) and also the max moves - moves completed. Not sure if I did either right, but neither worked. I tried to change coins just to see if that would work, no go. I'm just wondering if this is something you can't change. It's running through mobiplayer so not sure if that is doing anything to stop it from working. Anyways, thanks you all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: