Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

API/s needed for CE to go crossplatform

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zxuiji
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject: API/s needed for CE to go crossplatform Reply with quote

I've started trying to create a cross-platform Process API Wrapper since I want CE to go cross platform and support Linux to some extent too, what I'd like to know is what would the developers need out of the API to start converting to the API and begin making CE more cross-platform friendly. To be clear the API is only going to wrap around existing system APIs (look at win32/test.c for an example of what I mean), details that cannot be made portable will still have to be handled by CE itself.

My project is being hosted here: https://github.com/awsdert/paw

Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this mostly:

https://github.com/cheat-engine/cheat-engine/blob/master/Cheat%20Engine/ceserver/api.h

https://github.com/cheat-engine/cheat-engine/blob/master/Cheat%20Engine/ceserver/api.c

it has support for linux and android, but should be easy enough to add macos support as well

to use in linux run ceserver as root and then run ce in wine and connect to localhost

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
zxuiji
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you :) After I finish wrapping the Win32 APIs I will move onto replicating the functionality in Linux then I will test it with the test app I'm writing, please feel free to mention anything missed if you think of it (prefer on the issues page of my project but whichever is fine)
zxuiji
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got tired of make etc problems so I wrote an app called lake (short for lua make) and currently have this https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FrxMQIxCSlFqCslaNCNN3LAFSiCTv9uv to check I have everything needed for replacing make, I'll move back onto the cross-platform attempt of CE once I can use this for compiling. I'm posting here to see if anyone here notices anything missing from the Lake API that would be needed for compiling either CE or other apps. For now however I'm gonna have something to eat, do some reading and studying (of japanese) and then maybe do some more coding
zxuiji
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently learned of this:
https://github.com/korcankaraokcu/PINCE#features
So I'm no longer bothering with attempting to port CE when there is already a decent alternative being done by MUCH more experienced people than me, I'll just go back to doing random personal projects for fun or try and convert CE to full C++ when I'm bored, having not looked at it's code yet I'm only guessing that the random crashes mentioned for that thin driver layer/wrapper when hooking is probably a delphi/pascal thing (any passing viewer please remember I'm not on the CE developer team so don't take my word for it)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: