Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can I add more hotkeys into trainer (saved as .ct)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mordax
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:00 am    Post subject: How can I add more hotkeys into trainer (saved as .ct) Reply with quote

It's very simple question that I haven't found answer for yet.

I made a trainer, but now I updated it with more cheats. how can i add more hotkeys into the trainer without re-making the entire trainer?

What i mean, is that i have it saved as .ct file. so when i open I have edit the trainer.
i know that to re-generate the trainer i have to open the lua editor then save as and save as .exe and then the generator opens, but it doesn't open the window that first opens when you click on "generate generic trainer lua script from table".

so how can i open that window again? only in that window, there's option to add / remove hotkeys.
right now whenever i update a trainer. i have to completely delete my design and re-make it. it's rather annoying.
thanks.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Load the CT with your trainer in it and then click "generate generic trainer lua script"
it will detect your current trainer window and show that (unless you made too many changes like deleting objects, renaming the autogenerated panels, etc...)

In the hotkey list you can add new hotkeys and rightlick there and choose "rebuild trainer cheatlist"

---

Alternatively, look at the generated script in your CT
It shouldn't be too hard to understand what it does, and then just insert a few lines of code yourself based on the hotkeys you've added

hotkeys in trainers are just memoryrecord hotkeys, so you just need to add information about them to your gui, and perhaps make them shine up if they get triggered (the trainer is just a display thingy, it all happens inside the table/entries internally)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
mordax
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
Load the CT with your trainer in it and then click "generate generic trainer lua script"
it will detect your current trainer window and show that (unless you made too many changes like deleting objects, renaming the autogenerated panels, etc...)

In the hotkey list you can add new hotkeys and rightlick there and choose "rebuild trainer cheatlist"

---

Alternatively, look at the generated script in your CT
It shouldn't be too hard to understand what it does, and then just insert a few lines of code yourself based on the hotkeys you've added

hotkeys in trainers are just memoryrecord hotkeys, so you just need to add information about them to your gui, and perhaps make them shine up if they get triggered (the trainer is just a display thingy, it all happens inside the table/entries internally)

thanks it worked exactly as needed.
lol i feel dumb now. i tried that in the past and it didn't work. so i didn't think to try it again :(
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: