Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Static address found, can't edit in exe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkbluesky
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject: Static address found, can't edit in exe Reply with quote

Hi,

I have found an static address that I need to change. When the game is running and I change it, it works as expected, but I want to make the change permanent, so I have tried to find the code in the EXE file by using the reference of EXE + Offset given by CE, but when I look for it in Hex Workshop (or Ollydbg) I don't find the same code!

Then I look for the Hex string around the address I want to modify, and I find it in other place of the EXE, I edit it as needed, saved, but when running the modified EXE, the expected effect does not appear...

So, what I am doing wrong? Shouldn't a static address in the EXE process be easily hex editable ?

EDIT: the game is X-Wing Alliance

Thanks for any help!
TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheat the game has a good tutorial, the first bit is about a CE detection bypass, but then he explains how to patch the executable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSMrrokp93Q&t=15s

How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you I'll check it. BTW, I found half answer to my question: the modif value was not acting as expected, because another address was writting the value there, so I have ID the code that writes in that address, and I have to see how to modif it in EXE. I'll check that video.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: