Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Useful feature idea when doing changed / not changed search

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mordax
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Useful feature idea when doing changed / not changed search Reply with quote

Hi. Well i've been using memory editor well over 10 years, but i haven't found a single one that could do the following:

When searching for "not changed", then there should be an option to add:
- Consider it as 'not changed' if value has changed less than 1%
so for example if your value is 100, but changes to 99 or 101 and you search for "not changed", then value should NOT be filtered out and should be considered as "not changed"

this feature should have % and by value between, for example if you have a float value of 1.0329333 and it changes by like 1.0329859 then it's considered as not changed.

Why?
because in some games values change, yet they don't change. if that makes sense.
Coordinates is perfect example of this. in most games even if your character stands still, the coordinates change on very small level, they bounce back and forth.
it's real pain to search such values, because you can't use "not changed", with this awesome feature, it would be really easy to search such values.

hope you can add this feature into CE :) thanks.
PinPoint
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Useful feature idea when doing changed / not changed sea Reply with quote

mordax wrote:
Hi. Well i've been using memory editor well over 10 years, but i haven't found a single one that could do the following:

When searching for "not changed", then there should be an option to add:
- Consider it as 'not changed' if value has changed less than 1%
so for example if your value is 100, but changes to 99 or 101 and you search for "not changed", then value should NOT be filtered out and should be considered as "not changed"

this feature should have % and by value between, for example if you have a float value of 1.0329333 and it changes by like 1.0329859 then it's considered as not changed.

Why?
because in some games values change, yet they don't change. if that makes sense.
Coordinates is perfect example of this. in most games even if your character stands still, the coordinates change on very small level, they bounce back and forth.
it's real pain to search such values, because you can't use "not changed", with this awesome feature, it would be really easy to search such values.

hope you can add this feature into CE Smile thanks.

There is a percentage option already in cheat engine. there is a check box for it with "Value between" "Increased value by..." and "decreased value by..." scan types
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. Also the percentage scan is best used in combination with the compare to first scan option

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The percentage option won't help him since he's referring to the float values that change, ever-so-slightly, prohibiting him from doing an 'unchanged value' scan without losing potentially vital results (e.g. searching for coordinates while standing 'still').

Personally, I don't think the requested feature is needed as long as you do your scans right.
mordax
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not sure if % scan would help me.
are you guys suggesting to set it to like changed by less than 1%?
what would i put into the 2 boxes? would it be 0 and 1, so it would only count the values that has been changed in between 0 and 1 %?
mordax
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i checked into % scan thing, it does not help me at all, because i can't search for increased and decreased by % at same time, but this is what i would need.

here's example
My character is on coordinates X= 350.393234 and Y= -293.949234

I search for unknown float value

I move forward and search for increased (so value 350.393234 will change to 354.594234)

Now i don't move at all and search for "not changed", but it eliminates my address from the results, because when i'm standing still, the value is changing on small scale, for example:
354.594234 becomes 354.594256 and then 354.594222 and then 354.594241 ...etc
so 354.5942xx is how small amount of it changes, so when i stand still and do "not changed" then my result will be gone.

I can't use % search, because when standing still, value does NOT always increase, it goes up and down very fast on small scale.
this is how coordinates works in most games. i have seen this in more than 5 games already.

this is why i'm asking for this feature, because it would greatly help.

Feature should just be "Consider value as NOT CHANGED if value changes by less than xx%"
This would be extremely useful when trying to find coordinates in any game. all the games i have hacked, coordinates are always in float and act the same way. I have done this for shooter game aswell as for racing and space games. yesterday i did this for one racing game it took me over 1 hour because i could not pinpoint the address. i had over 5000 addresses that changed the value in similar way, if only i could have had this feature, i could have found it in few minutes.

Dark Byte wrote:
Yup. Also the percentage scan is best used in combination with the compare to first scan option

compare to first scan would not help at all in this situation as it is humanly impossible to pause the game when coordinates are EXACTLY the same as before, 1 out of 100000 trillion chances you ever get it, like i've explained, coordinates change even when you stand still. so "restarting the level" or similar action would STILL have no effect, since coordinates keep changing on very small level.

hope this explain why this feature is so important to me and why % search can never work in this situation.
Zanzer
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does the Simple values only checkbox do when searching floats?
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mordax wrote:
i checked into % scan thing, it does not help me at all, because ... i'm standing still, the value is changing on small scale,
-Oh really? Very Happy

That said, I do see value in being able to perform an unchanged value scan on float values that have changed by a very small amount but still be retained.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: