Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Animation stored in 4 bytes?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lamarca
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject: Animation stored in 4 bytes? Reply with quote

Hey everybody, thanks to your giving knowledge I got the chance to do so many things in 3d games, like swapping meshes/characters, loading unused characters and animations like in Def Jam Vendetta/FFN where I can freely swap the special moves or even load the special animations at any time (even the unused ones).
I am probably the only person in the world that uses cheat engine to play Fighting Bujutsu (rare and unknown 3d fighting game marked as unplayable in Mame), I can kinda play it in the demo heel(select character before the match and use the moves that I want by using the hotkey system). So as a 3d designer and 3d lover, you have my total gratitude for this unique opportunities.

I didn't go too deep like you guys do simply because it seems that pointers and pcsx2, epsxe and mame 3d games don't work together, but I don't really have a ultra needed because the addresses are stored when you use "save state" form them, anyway, I've modded almost every 3d fighting and shooter game to do whatever I want, but even so there are the ones that I just can't really manipulate so freely...

To trigger the animations structures at will you have to simply swap 2 parts, one is the animation itself (generally stored in 2 bytes) and the other is the timing(stored in 2 or 4 bytes).
Once you find these structures, you freeze for example animation number 0001 and reset the time to 0, it'll load the animation 1 infinitely, and so you can load the 2, 3, 4... and see every animation made in the game, kinda easy huh?

But the big problem that I'm having comes from the ones who use 4 bytes!
For example Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence.
I've found the animation structure, but there are so many problems in these structures:

The animation is not stored in just 4 bytes, it's stored in 2 separated 4 bytes, 1 for the lower body and other for the upper body.

It doesn't follow a logical sequence (1,2,3,4...) so to load an animation, you have to know its right code or else it'll crash.For example, for the character to play the "dropping dead" animation, it has to load 80 72 FB 06(upper body), if I edit it to +1 it crashes.

Because of that, it's kinda impossible to discover unused moves, and metal gear is not the only one who stores randomly values as animations, Godhand, Star Gladiator, Urban Reign and many other 3d games use this weird way of storing animations in random values leading to many "unused spaces'.
Maybe, if I could go into the pointers of the animations it could lead me into a more readable value that dictates these 2 4 bytes values, kinda sad that pointer doesn't work haha so I've to search for it by eye(I'm used to it).

If there are any programmer among you, the values that dictate different values of body places to act into a synchronized way would be under or above the body part values? And Why would you randomly store 1000 values in a space of 4294967295?

Anyway I'm kinda venting my frustration a little, it's really addictive to "mod" stuff right?
Chaos01
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:37 pm    Post subject: i saw your post on Animation stored in 4 bytes Reply with quote

did you swap moves in def jam vendetta ? and how did you do it

i already know how to swap characters in def jam ffny but vendetta i didn't find any thing so i can use to try Crying or Very sad
lamarca
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: i saw your post on Animation stored in 4 bytes Reply with quote

Chaos01 wrote:
did you swap moves in def jam vendetta ? and how did you do it

i already know how to swap characters in def jam ffny but vendetta i didn't find any thing so i can use to try Crying or Very sad

Oh from 5 years till now I've managed to swap moves from Vendetta, NY, Metal Gear 3, Metal Gear 4 and almost every 3d game with complex fighting animations that I know.

If you just want to get a static on pcsx2 of the character models in Vendetta you can try by scanning this AoB:

C6 00 00 00 A8 58 29 00 A8 58 29 00 B0 58 29 00 B8 58 29 00 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00

The "C6" from this aob represents the skin1 model index from Briggs
Right after the last 00 from this aob you'll find C7 which is another character, and later C8, C9, CA.... ending up at FF with all characters.
All of them are static character indexes, altering them will change the character even in the campaign.

Just take note that the unused character Angel can't be called using this method, every attempt I did to get that unused model ingame landed in crash, so the rig from the cutscenes may not be compatible.

Tell me if you manage to swap characters in Yakuza: Black Panther or play as NPC in Gachitora and No More Heroes Paradise. Laughing
ByTransient
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get along well, that's nice.
Stimulation; If this is an Online game, do not write GAME NAMES, do not pronounce them.
NOTE: Codeshares + Game name is a risk.
Don't let this put CE in a troubled situation.
Please heed this warning.
Continue the flow of information in this direction.
Chaos01
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject: Thanks I’m gonna try that Reply with quote

I am playing Black Panther I am gonna try to find something in the game

About Def Jam FFNY did you try changing characters stats
Some people in def jam community saying it’s hardcoded And I tried a lot to change it but I think it’s because it’s linked to style of the characters Smile
FromWimpToPimp
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamarca i need help could you pm me
Chaos01
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Animation stored in 4 bytes? Reply with quote

About def jam ffny can you change characters animations like I can change characters have grabs or I can change sticky haymaker punch to let’s say I wanna give him mempis bleek haymaker punch?
kage2030
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Animation stored in 4 bytes? Reply with quote

lamarca wrote:
Hey everybody, thanks to your giving knowledge I got the chance to do so many things in 3d games, like swapping meshes/characters, loading unused characters and animations like in Def Jam Vendetta/FFN where I can freely swap the special moves or even load the special animations at any time (even the unused ones).
I am probably the only person in the world that uses cheat engine to play Fighting Bujutsu (rare and unknown 3d fighting game marked as unplayable in Mame), I can kinda play it in the demo heel(select character before the match and use the moves that I want by using the hotkey system). So as a 3d designer and 3d lover, you have my total gratitude for this unique opportunities.

I didn't go too deep like you guys do simply because it seems that pointers and pcsx2, epsxe and mame 3d games don't work together, but I don't really have a ultra needed because the addresses are stored when you use "save state" form them, anyway, I've modded almost every 3d fighting and shooter game to do whatever I want, but even so there are the ones that I just can't really manipulate so freely...

To trigger the animations structures at will you have to simply swap 2 parts, one is the animation itself (generally stored in 2 bytes) and the other is the timing(stored in 2 or 4 bytes).
Once you find these structures, you freeze for example animation number 0001 and reset the time to 0, it'll load the animation 1 infinitely, and so you can load the 2, 3, 4... and see every animation made in the game, kinda easy huh?

But the big problem that I'm having comes from the ones who use 4 bytes!
For example Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence.
I've found the animation structure, but there are so many problems in these structures:

The animation is not stored in just 4 bytes, it's stored in 2 separated 4 bytes, 1 for the lower body and other for the upper body.

It doesn't follow a logical sequence (1,2,3,4...) so to load an animation, you have to know its right code or else it'll crash.For example, for the character to play the "dropping dead" animation, it has to load 80 72 FB 06(upper body), if I edit it to +1 it crashes.

Because of that, it's kinda impossible to discover unused moves, and metal gear is not the only one who stores randomly values as animations, Godhand, Star Gladiator, Urban Reign and many other 3d games use this weird way of storing animations in random values leading to many "unused spaces'.
Maybe, if I could go into the pointers of the animations it could lead me into a more readable value that dictates these 2 4 bytes values, kinda sad that pointer doesn't work haha so I've to search for it by eye(I'm used to it).

If there are any programmer among you, the values that dictate different values of body places to act into a synchronized way would be under or above the body part values? And Why would you randomly store 1000 values in a space of 4294967295?

Anyway I'm kinda venting my frustration a little, it's really addictive to "mod" stuff right?

Hi just saw your post finaly saw someone change characters Animations in def jam ffny

i know how to swap models i even swaped the hero characters but the texture still looks weird

about the Animations in your post i did scan unknown initial value 2 bytes and then did changed value unchanged value and i stopped on 12 address i was doing prodigy haymaker punch most of the address value are 0 when i do the punch the value changes when i do the punch aging goes back to 0 some of the address when i freeze them the punch Animation kinda change
i even change the value

are the Animations you found are just on one addres ?

and about the timing i don"t how to find it

sorry for the long text didn't expect to see someone change Animations in def jam love this game and really good work on the other games Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: