Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

changing values in space pirates and zombies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
neil501
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: changing values in space pirates and zombies Reply with quote

Hi i'm not sure if this can be fixed or not i change a value in space pirates and zombies like rez and research points,i find the values ok and when i change them when i buy or sell or as soon as the values change they go right back as if i never changed them? Did they write a defense against cheat engine? I even tried locking in the value but it STILL CHANGES!!!! I looked at the tutorial and it didnt answer this question for me! From what i see i'm doing what the tutorial says right so.....Can anyone answer this? I have version 1.6. Please any ideas or tell me if im wasting my time as everything i change just goes back!

i'm at a loss here! ~Matrix501

Confused
justa_dude
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you read through Geri's thread on the game? It sounds like the game is built with some generic game engine and the key values are stored as floats or character strings. Some of the values, evidently, are also stored with a value of the display value +1.

I'm afraid that pointing you to the earlier thread is the most help I can give you, since I don't play the game (tried it once, controls are so awful I can't stand it).

neil501
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: ive just found it! Reply with quote

Thanks im going thru it now! I think this game was made god awful!!!!! From what i read you have to not only change it but also when you change it have to go to specific pages and back if you do anything else it doesnt work! I may just stop with this pain game but i have to try! Thank you for your reply!!!
neil501
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Finally got it!!!! Reply with quote

I read thru geri's writings and looks like most things can be changed by scanning for string value, not 4bytes not float and to find goons you have to add a +1 so if your looking for 39 you have to put 40. I would not have gotten this without geri's knowledge too bad he's gone now! RIP! geri i know i'll def be missing him! june 20 2015 was a very dark day for the cheat engine community! I hope this helps others out there who had trouble like me! Oh and justa thanks for pointing me in the right direction! Smile
jgoemat
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on this one again and found that a lot of these values appear in a structure in the same area:

Code:
00: pointer to string for name
04: 00000000
08: ffffffff
0c: pointer to string value
10: integer value
14: float value

Changing the integer and float values don't seem to have any effect in game, they get overwritten. Changing the string value is what does it. So you can use a groupscan for instance if you have 81 upgrade points like I do:
Code:
4:* 4:0 4:0xffffffff 4:* 4:81 f:81

I think the prefix for the name tells you what type it is in the script engine. The total data you've collected and upgrade points are strings and start with a '$' ($FactionDataPirate and $XP_CurrentUpgradePoints) and some other values start with a % so i figure they're used as integers.

Here's where it sets the integer value, the aob is unique:
Code:
SpazGame.exe+C7A89 - 89 46 10              - mov [esi+10],eax
SpazGame.exe+C7A8C - EB 0C                 - jmp SpazGame.exe+C7A9A

spaz.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  44.84 KB
 Viewed:  5547 Time(s)

spaz.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: