Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheat Engine logo ... in 3D

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zaladine
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:07 am    Post subject: Cheat Engine logo ... in 3D Reply with quote

A real quick render of Cheat Engine logo in 3D...

Modeled in MoI3D
Rendered in KeyShot
Tweak a bit in PhotoShop

Any c&c are always welcome...

CheatEngine_Logo.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  544.07 KB
 Viewed:  54918 Time(s)

CheatEngine_Logo.jpg

gogodr
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post wireframe if you want C&D on topology
for the composition shot, I'm not really a fan of the noisy texture, I would prefer a fresnel reflection(which I'm guessing is what you wanted to achieve), also since the scene is so empty it could use an HDRI map for environemt reflection.
Also, white balance is a bit off as it is burning the image.

MoI3D :: That's a new one I havent seen. How is it? any good?

I use 3DsMAx (I'm an autodesk certified designer), but I'm trying to learn blender also.
Zaladine
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wireframe attached...

I'm quite a beginner in rendering so there's much to learn ahead.
I don't even know what fresnel is, so i just tried to render it as good
as possible (in my point of view).

MoI3D is a NURBS modeler which is suitable for hard surface modeling.
It is, IMHO, the most easy-to-use NURBS modeler ever created. It
seems very much inspired by SketchUp, so that you can model in it
with just one hand (to the hand which we use mouse). The creator is
the one who created Rhino3D.

Modeling in MoI3D is very fun experience, as long as it contains minimal
organic surfaces...

Anyway, i'm gonna try to render the model in other way...

@gogodr:
Thanks for the input. Appreciate it very much...

CheatEngine_Logo_-_wire_01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  172.91 KB
 Viewed:  54867 Time(s)

CheatEngine_Logo_-_wire_01.jpg

CheatEngine_Logo_-_wire_02.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  174.03 KB

CheatEngine_Logo_-_wire_02.jpg

CheatEngine_Logo_-_wire_03.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  161.92 KB

CheatEngine_Logo_-_wire_03.jpg

gogodr
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really savy on NURBS modeling as all I have been doing is traditional poly modeling.
I do know Rino3D and have used it, also the NURBS on max, but the topology control and flow is a complete mystery to me as I dont know how you can change it within the NURBS.
To me it looks fine as it is clean.

fresnel basically means that the light disperses a lot and creates kind of foggy reflections

if you are doing nurbs I think you should look into 3d printing, that's one of the best uses I have seen right now for nurbs.
Zaladine
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if poly modeling is now considered traditional way. Been quite a while since box modeling in Silo (it is very much powerful workflow indeed), especially for organic modeling.

NURBS is good for hard surface modeling (mostly for industrial design purposes). And you're right both have quite different workflow.

NURBS require us to 'draw sketches' (which mostly lines or curves) beforehand that will become the base for the building surfaces. Once surfaces generated, then there is very few ways to modify them except for boolean operations or control points editing as long as they are one single non complex surfaces. This is pretty much straight forward compared to box modeling at which we can freely insert segments on any place of faces or edges to modify the 3D model.

SubD modeling is believed to be the bridge between those two, and there are some modeler which support conversion from SubD generated models to NURBS for complex and organic-like surfaces.

3D printing is very much interesting. Yet, here in my country, Indonesia, it's still quite rare to find (i mean for personal purposes like hobby etc.), except may be for corporation industry.

Anyhow, please allow me to show a work with NURBS in MoI3D. Like i said, it is fun to model hard surfaces with it.

Just try to sharing my personal opinion...

@gogodr:
You're an Autodesk certified designer. That's very cool !..

For inspirational reason, i would appreciate much if you could tell us brief story of how you get involved with such fluent corporation. Also, since i have this urge to learn more about 3D, i would appreciate much if you could advice some suitable reading material about 3D. Thank you very much in advance.

Robo 23 - MoI3D v3 - Resized.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  401.41 KB
 Viewed:  54820 Time(s)

Robo 23 - MoI3D v3 - Resized.jpg

gogodr
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, before I actually started my degree in systems engineering, I made my way into a 3D Design and Animation school in here Peru, they had a contract with Autodesk which by the end of the whole course you would get the Autodesk certification exam and I took it and aced it.

For my industry, certificates are not really a big thing, for industrial design certificates are everything tho, I'm aiming to the video games industry.

I'm a systems engineer specialized in game development and web development. For the game development side I learned 3D Design, animation, traditional art, music, programming, logic design, graphics design, project management, finances, etc.

Its all part of "the big plan" which is making my own video games company. It has been my dream ever since I was 13, I'm 11 years into that dream now. I'm 24 and I still want to see it through.

--
On a side note: Autodesk is everything but a fluent corporation. They keep on derping their business model and are loosing a lot of money lately.
Zaladine
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An experimental rendering... Put both Robo with CE Logo together...

Edit:

gogodr wrote:
Well, before I actually started my degree in systems engineering, I made my way into a 3D Design and Animation school in here Peru, they had a contract with Autodesk which by the end of the whole course you would get the Autodesk certification exam and I took it and aced it.

For my industry, certificates are not really a big thing, for industrial design certificates are everything tho, I'm aiming to the video games industry.

That's so 'envious': here in Indonesia, there is very little appreciation for creative industry that government (politicians) pay inadequate attention for this field, resulting few support for youngsters whom interest big enough in this industry.

And it came worse when people tend to disrespect experts in this industry. For example: client will laugh to web-designers offering just around US$ 500 for a complete corporal websites development. Sad but true...

gogodr wrote:
I'm a systems engineer specialized in game development and web development. For the game development side I learned 3D Design, animation, traditional art, music, programming, logic design, graphics design, project management, finances, etc.

That's quite a lot of study subjects to cover for one person... Or are they for general knowledge (i mean by not studying to the details of them)?

gogodr wrote:
Its all part of "the big plan" which is making my own video games company. It has been my dream ever since I was 13, I'm 11 years into that dream now. I'm 24 and I still want to see it through.

Sincere good luck for your dream...

gogodr wrote:
On a side note: Autodesk is everything but a fluent corporation. They keep on derping their business model and are loosing a lot of money lately.

It's been false impressions to me then. I thought they are strong one since mainstreams apps are theirs, such as Maya, Max, etc...

CE Logo & Robo 23.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  189.93 KB
 Viewed:  54813 Time(s)

CE Logo & Robo 23.jpg

gogodr
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Autodesk is the big corporation, but because of that they are falling behind in business strategies. Lately they moved from a product based to a subscription based model but still they are behind the curve of IT Product management nowdays. (trying to fight against piracy of their products and catch new clients)

-----------

as for my studies: yes, I have studied a lot. Though my actual degree comes from university. (systems engineering: which is an IT project management and business management career) my other studies come from technique schools or practice.

I'm not a programmer, nor a designer, I'm a project manager and to be able to do that effectively I need to know every single area of the project I am leading. I don't need to be proficient in any area, but I need to be able to understand what is being done and if it is being done correctly.
Zaladine
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogodr wrote:
Autodesk is the big corporation, but because of that they are falling behind in business strategies. Lately they moved from a product based to a subscription based model but still they are behind the curve of IT Product management nowdays. (trying to fight against piracy of their products and catch new clients)

I see... Should be a mission impossible to fight piracy especially with products which prices are so high. Mainstream perspective or opinions often leads people to think that good apps are pricey ones, thus motivate them to obtain those in any way possible. This happen even with availability of excellent apps such Blender...

Speak about Blender: i really wish that the developer team divide it to a more specific field (i.e.: Blender Modeler, Blender Texturing, Blender Animation, Blender Game, etc) instead of packed them into one app. The UI is the biggest barrier for me (the very reason i appreciate much for Silo and MoI3D)...

gogodr wrote:
I'm not a programmer, nor a designer, I'm a project manager and to be able to do that effectively I need to know every single area of the project I am leading. I don't need to be proficient in any area, but I need to be able to understand what is being done and if it is being done correctly.

Yes. I think that's one very good reason...

gogodr
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We disagree on that one, it is fine by being a 3D bundle suite. Dividing it in multiple software is not practical as you will be using them all together most of the time.

Agree on the UI, I use 3DsMax and it haves the best easy to use interface for 3D Modeling and animation. Blender is just a mess.
I just hope this becomes a reality someday

Link

--------------------------------------

About fighting piracy, it is not that hard. They just need to move from a product based business into a service based business. They could give out 3DsMax for free and make it so that the important part is the service they give, it being cloud rendering, cloud computing or start licensing deals asking for royalties instead of charging for development.
Other companies on other similar industries are taking this approach.
Adobe for example with creative cloud and Unreal with the Unreal Engine.
Zaladine
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogodr wrote:
We disagree on that one, it is fine by being a 3D bundle suite. Dividing it in multiple software is not practical as you will be using them all together most of the time.

Agree on the UI, I use 3DsMax and it haves the best easy to use interface for 3D Modeling and animation. Blender is just a mess.
I just hope this becomes a reality someday

(LINK)

The guy did a great job, and i do really hope the development team implement it. Lots of disagree comment in the youtube channel however, but i think more people would gain the benefit if they really re-design the UI.

gogodr wrote:
About fighting piracy, it is not that hard. They just need to move from a product based business into a service based business. They could give out 3DsMax for free and make it so that the important part is the service they give, it being cloud rendering, cloud computing or start licensing deals asking for royalties instead of charging for development.
Other companies on other similar industries are taking this approach.
Adobe for example with creative cloud and Unreal with the Unreal Engine.

This is good. So there's no n days trial limitations anymore. People will have the freedom to learn the apps, and when they want to go commercial, then they have to pay for the apps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Art All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: