Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How cheat engine generated trainers works?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justdream
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: How cheat engine generated trainers works? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I've searched in some places but not found ...
I would like to know how the trainers created with "CheatEngine Trainer Generator" write in the processes memory..

I've created a simple trainer and debugged it in OllyDbg, but I see no call of "WriteProcessMemory" API...

Can anyone explain me?

Thanks.
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: How cheat engine generated trainers works? Reply with quote

justdream wrote:
Hi guys,

I've searched in some places but not found ...
I would like to know how the trainers created with "CheatEngine Trainer Generator" write in the processes memory..

I've created a simple trainer and debugged it in OllyDbg, but I see no call of "WriteProcessMemory" API...

Can anyone explain me?

Thanks.

The CE trainers do use WriteProcessMemory. However it is done in another process that the trainer creates.
justdream
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting...
However, some anti-hack systems block the WriteProcessMemory API, but the WPM of CE trainers works perfectly..
Can you explain me how it's done?
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps they make use of the kernelmode wpm/rpm api (just call dbk_useKernelmodeProcessMemoryAccess() )

Or they add a extra plugin like the virtualpagedir plugin that bypasses all hooks including kernelmode

Or they disable the anti hack before writing

Or WPM is only blocked from editing certain regions and they use a certain plugin to redirect execution to a copy outside of the protected region

Or WPM isn't really blocked and you're just doing something wrong yourself when using wpm (e.g not obtaining se_Debugprivilege, not making the page writable, etc...)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: