Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Im confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spudwiser
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Im confused Reply with quote

OK, i have finished every tut that comes with CE and I still cant figure this out. I start Star Wars:Empire at War: Forces of COrruption and get to work. I want to make a money trainer to start with. I have discovered the money is stored it a float and I can just change the float value and it will stay that way. But here is my problem. One, the address isnt green so that leads me to believe that there is a pointer somwhere and two, the address changes every time i start the game so I know that is uses some sort of dynamic memory. If anyone can hel that would be great.

I actually went through most of the addreses to set up pointers but you get so far and you either get a huge ammount of hits in the debugger without a mov or an eax or when you follow them, you hit a dead end.

I know it can be done as I have downloaded a freeze credit trainer but I would like to figure out how to make a trainer on my own without useing one that I downloaded.

Any help would be great

-spudwiser
dezuzi
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok here is one way you could try fixing this, find out what reads to the address, and write down the address with the function

FOR EXAMPLE

032ff111 - mov [ebx],edx (edx being your float 45ff0000 for example)
write down the address where where 032ff111 would be.
now open up the memory editor and set a breakpoint at that address and buy something/sell something ingame and compare the registers, with the registers of your previous "what writes to this address" scan.

write down all registers that are the same as the registers from your breakpoint.
(beware you might crash your game in the process since you have to close the "what writes to this address" and it sometimes screws up)

now at 032ff111 would be a process where values are processed, but it might be values for more then just your money thats why you written down the registers and wrote down the static ones FOR THE MONEY changing process.

now inject a new jump at the 032ff111 address here is a ROUGH example

newmem:
[color=red]
// here we are going to write a little check to be sure its going to write to your money, using our written down registers for exampleee EXAMPLEE

cmp esi,02158832
jne originalcode // if it doesnt equal the register thats only used with changing the money then its not our business
//if it does pass! its about to change the money so we simply write down a static money address in a float 00000045 being a simple one however we write it backwards when we place it on the stack so it will become:

mov edx,45000000
[/color]
mov [ebx],edx // edx being the money holder is copied onto the location of ebx.
jmp back

original:
mov [ebx],edx
jmp back

i hope this helped out a bit and i hope its not too confusing, cheers
Spudwiser
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from looking at the tuts and other replies I tried that and it didnt work. This has to be the most retarted game I have seen. For one thing there are no mov,eax in there and it uses strange lines of code like fts and fax. I actually traced the pointers to the end on all 14 hits and they all end without giving me a static address.

When i go to what writes to this address sometimes it will add hundreds of things that write to it as well
dezuzi
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try finding out what READS to the address, pick out every choice that moves a float, if this doesnt work im starting to doubt if a float is used in the first place?
CRAIDS
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wats the engine?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: