Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has Anyone Heard Of The Virus...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
StarzXx
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Has Anyone Heard Of The Virus... Reply with quote

intervalhehehe and do you know how to erase it I scanned with avg but didnt seem to find it or delete it please help
Uber_Noob
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Credits to a dude on yahoo answers. (And some for me too, I added some stuff to it.)
Run your anti-malware in Safe Mode With Networking. Safe Mode With Networking often prevents malware from defending itself.

I suggest you also download Ad-Aware 2008 and Spybot S&D (they’re free), install them, update them and run them. If any of the above (or any anti-malware, for that matter) doesn’t seem to be able to run properly or get rid of everything it reports finding, try running it again in Safe Mode.

Also, turn off System Restore to evict any copies of bad stuff that might be lurking there.

To get into Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking:

1.Log out and reboot your machine.
2.When the machine starts the reboot sequence, press the F8 key repeatedly.
3.Select Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking from the resulting menu.
4.Login. If the malware has changed your password, try logging in as Administrator. By default, Administrator has no password.
5.The machine will continue booting, but the Windows desktop will look different.
6.When you're finished doing what you need to do, log out and reboot back into normal mode.

Good luck.

Note: There ARE free versions of these programs on the websites listed. They just may not be obvious.

Ad-Aware 2008 (free): http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
Spybot S & D (free): http://www.spybot.com/
Super Anti Spyware: superantispyware.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: