Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with zero(s)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TekDawg
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Problem with zero(s) Reply with quote

Seems like I posted this before but I couldn't find it.

using Cheat Engine 5.4, same problem with previous versions.

Main Problem:

When ever I try to open a process that ends with zero I get an error message "Error while opening this process". The only way around this is to close the program/game and reopen it to get a different PID that doesn't end with zero.

Other Problem:

If I manually enter an address that ends with zero it gives me that address -0x10.
Example:
I add the address 012A7750 and it gives me 012A7740. The only way to get around this is to add the address 012A7760 which will give me 012A7750.

When I first found this problem I was using Win98se don't remember which version CE I noticed it on but I've installed a new harddrive with a fresh install of WinXPsp2 and the problems persist.

If anyone know anything that could possibly be creating this problem please let me know.

thanks for reading.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pid ending with 0: Can't reproduce. Make sure you don't have a rootkit/virus installed that blocks those.

When adding an address, do NOT type -10 at the end. Doing so will calculate it to the given address-10

And make sure that the title of Cheat Engine says "Cheat Engine" and not something like "dave's engine" , "Crappy engine" , "buffy engine" or any other uce.

Have you tried different keyboard ?

Also, what language is your windows version ?

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
TekDawg
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
pid ending with 0: Can't reproduce. Make sure you don't have a rootkit/virus installed that blocks those.
I tested CE after reinstalling XP, I wanted to know if it was some kind of virus or just an error causing it before I posted here.

Dark Byte wrote:

When adding an address, do NOT type -10 at the end. Doing so will calculate it to the given address-10
This was my attempt to show that I when I enter an address manually it will display the entered address with a value hex(10) less than what I entered. (012A7760 will show up as 012A7750 )

Dark Byte wrote:
And make sure that the title of Cheat Engine says "Cheat Engine" and not something like "dave's engine" , "Crappy engine" , "buffy engine" or any other uce.

I only download cheat engine from this site.

Dark Byte wrote:

Have you tried different keyboard ?
(Please elaborate on this or point me to some info on it)
I will try switching before I post again. The reason I posted here is I suspected it may be a hardware problem, never would have considered the keyboard though.

Dark Byte wrote:

Also, what language is your windows version ?
English

P.S.
I have installed the same download to another computer with XP Home SP2, English and everything works properly on it.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different keyboard was just a guess, perhaps your keyboard adds some kind of invisible characters that when parsed make up a -10 (but really can't see why or what those are without you seeing them)

Other hardware problem could be that your cpu just can't count. But then I doubt windows would even have started.

Do you use some kind of anti virus or other security program you install by default without even thinking about it ? (so it also got installed on that fresh xp install)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
TekDawg
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'll just let this topic fade into the forum.
I'll be building a new PC soon and that will take care of my problem. I just hate not being able to figure this out, I usually can figure out most PC problems.
If I find a solution before I get rid of this computer I'll post it somewhere on the forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: