Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Project Zomboid hmmmm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heavenerx
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:36 pm    Post subject: Project Zomboid hmmmm Reply with quote

I can't be the only one trying to do this - my knowledge is limited to finding values that don't change. IE- the skill points when creating a character.

You start with 8 points... that doesn't exist when scanning. Which made me look into pointers. But the values are changing so frequently, that it's almost impossible to narrow down an address that's related to the searched value.

I KNOW - there are debuggers and mods for this game so you don't have to hack it. I'm a gluten for punishment. More of a learning experience than anything else.

Seems these gents have gone a long way to prevent people from hacking the games simplest numbers... and I'm intrigued.
TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you might have a misunderstanding of what pointers are, or I misunderstood the question. This might help explain pointers better: https://wiki.cheatengine.org/index.php?title=Tutorials:Pointers

If you scanned for a value of 8 and I guessing as a dword (4 bytes). It might not find any thing because the value type might be a byte or word (2 bytes) or even a single precision floating point (float). Basically it might be stored in a different way. Say it's actually 0 at the start and it increases as you use the skill points. Or it might only exist on the stack and you have to find a related value, like the skill you spend the skill points on, then you'd need to use the debugger to track down where it is stored. It just all depends on how things were coded.

How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The values are constantly changing with no interaction, no matter the Value type... it's almost like the actual value is driving in a circle and leaving behind a fake value in its place. I'll keep messing with it, but it's definitely the most difficult thing I've run into.

Thanks for the wiki!
crazian
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've tried too, using [unknown] [Decreased] [Increased] etc, not giving me any result, then i wanna dissect java, it's crashing... i don't know if it's CE or the game itself has some integrity check
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: