Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help on ultimap 2. Unable to find function

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimmyNoobie
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject: Need help on ultimap 2. Unable to find function Reply with quote

Using CE 7.2 with dbvm (dbvm debugger) in window 10(1909)

I trying learn how to use ce on a rpg (Ys8 :Lacrimosa of Dana). However, i encountered a problem that ultimap 2 is unable to map out the function and is quite buggy( Access Violation or Memory Out of bound) when bind key.

Steps that i am done:
1. press record
2. switch to the game and perform the task(pick up item)
3. pause recording ,process and wait
4. click "show current valid instruction list" and list show various call and return
5. click "reset counter"
5. repeat 1 & 2
6. pause recording ,process and wait
7. all instruction are invalid

I am not sure what to do and i try ultimap 1 but game slow to a crawl. Tried using the log into disk option but game still lagging.

Is there a mistake i do or ultimap is not suppose to do this?
I trying to find the item value and edit the value to get it. However, i am unable to get the item appear if i didn't obtain it before. Furthermore, how do you guys find the load save address location. Like the even pointer offset does not work if the address location kept changing(not sure did i do something wrong)
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you already disable spectre protection? (click 'make possible ' in settings-debugger right next to the kernelmode debugger option)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
TimmyNoobie
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
did you already disable spectre protection? (click 'make possible ' in settings-debugger right next to the kernelmode debugger option)

Hi Dark Byte, Specre protection is already turn off and the button is "restore protection with using Kernelmode debugger"

I am not sure if this related. As i try to turn on the protection due to online game requires protection to be on and several bcdedit command to be execute like /kernel and delete value nx for dep. After playing. i turn it off again and set back the bcdedit command again. The main post issue has happen before i turn protection off and on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: