Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free Fly Camera Tutorial

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NewbieArise
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Free Fly Camera Tutorial Reply with quote

Does anybody know how to create a script on making a free fly camera hacks? If not, is there any tutorial videos I can watch to understand how to make it?
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Free Fly Camera Tutorial Reply with quote

NewbieArise wrote:
Does anybody know how to create a script on making a free fly camera hacks? If not, is there any tutorial videos I can watch to understand how to make it?

Yes, check Sunbeam's posts especially where he has made such hacks. He writes detailed guide about how he did a specific hack.

He's the only one i know that ever even made such hacks. Will send him this thread and he might link you to specific posts of his or give tips.

Last edited by STN on Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:15 am; edited 2 times in total
NewbieArise
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I hope he see it. Hack on how to do free fly camera is quite limited and it look like only few people can do it.
Csimbi
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, you need to find camera coordinates. The real ones.
You will know you found them when changing them actually moves the camera.
If it does not, you have a dummy or some viewport.
That's step one.

Next, once you got the cam coords, you have to figure out how the camera bounds are applied.
In general, you check what code reads and whites the camera addresses.
You are looking for a check either after write at some point, or a check before write.
For best effect, pause the game, enter an illegal coordinate and run a trace at the code points you found, and you should run into the 'correction code' real quick (in some games your trace might be very long).
Go through the trace and see where and how the coords are fixed.
In some games, the cam coords are actually copied from elsewhere, so the magic happens elsewhere - if you see that happening, follow up on that path.
Either way, the second stop is finding the cam fix. At that point, you could either eliminate that code as a whole, or just feed it higher bounds - really up to your requirements and ASM-fu.

This is how I did it for Starcraft 2 a long time ago.
NewbieArise
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
First off, you need to find camera coordinates. The real ones.
You will know you found them when changing them actually moves the camera.
If it does not, you have a dummy or some viewport.
That's step one.

Next, once you got the cam coords, you have to figure out how the camera bounds are applied.
In general, you check what code reads and whites the camera addresses.
You are looking for a check either after write at some point, or a check before write.
For best effect, pause the game, enter an illegal coordinate and run a trace at the code points you found, and you should run into the 'correction code' real quick (in some games your trace might be very long).
Go through the trace and see where and how the coords are fixed.
In some games, the cam coords are actually copied from elsewhere, so the magic happens elsewhere - if you see that happening, follow up on that path.
Either way, the second stop is finding the cam fix. At that point, you could either eliminate that code as a whole, or just feed it higher bounds - really up to your requirements and ASM-fu.

This is how I did it for Starcraft 2 a long time ago.

How long it took for you to achieve it?
Csimbi
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About two hours.
But SC2 is a poorly written software; some devs go into great lengths to protect their software.
Blizzard? They did not put much effort into it, so it was easy.
Keep in mind that I do stack traces more or less all day so I knew the process - your milage might vary.
predprey
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing OP is the same person as the one who posted this:
https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9889

As Csimbi said, how hard or arduous this task on depends on many factors, your experience with game hacking a major one. Note also that Starcraft 2 is also not an open world 1st/3rd person game and the difficulty of what you're trying to achieve increases exponentially if is one due to how the camera viewport and character movement being linked.

As I said, if there is already a developer free fly cam in the game code then try and find a way to activate it and use it. SunBeam's post on how he went about calling console commands in Just Cause 4's APEX engine may shed some light on this method:
https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8380

His youtube channel also may prove useful on developer console and free fly camera stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/user/sunbeam906/videos

Hacking the camera itself and writing assembly that modifies its behavior like what Csimbi did is much harder than hacking the developer commands if your game is 1st/3rd person, so it should be your second choice of approach.

Either way, we can't tell you how hard or how long it will take for you to add a free fly camera since it really depends on your game and experience. Not trying to be condescending/discouraging but honestly this is for sure not an easy task and impossible for someone who have zero experience with assembly to jump right into, so if you are then......
mindoff
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done a few FPS fly camera recently.

For me hacking camera Depends on that game coding style and require you to know some basic about DX or Opengl programming if you want to control camera with mouse like FPS game.

My first camera hack is King of Fighter 14 at year 2017,video recorded by someone who using it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emT50Wgdy54

Recently I practise more game like

Street Fighter 5

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av62023413

Soulcalibur 6

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av62103326

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av62942816

These 3 all use UE4 and hack the same way

Other game such as

Saints Row 3 and 4

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av62368646

Dead or Alive 5

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av62646044

Inside,Half done with 180 degree not full 360
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av62517741

Actually done half of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Can't fix auto camera direction lock at long distance.

Assassins Creed

Key to make FPS Free Camera is pretty much the same.

1.Find the real Camera Position from memory,fake position may or may not work

2.Disable it's original update,Position, Lookat, Rotation, FOV and those kind of thing

3.What other info you can get from memory?According to DX or OpenGL FPS camera tutorial,you should know 3D camera

control need position vector and Lookat vector and some other variable related to them.

3.1--If the game already provided position and Lookat vector such as

KOF 14

and

Dead or Alive 5

Then you can just use it.Then write your own control variable like right,up,front vector and pitch,yaw,roll to control it.

3.2--If game provided position, no lookat,but rotation,you can calculate lookat, right,up,front youslef according to DX or OpenGL tutorial,then reassign rotation back to the game

Such as UE4 game.

3.3--If game only provided position, no rotation, no lookat,but front vector.
Same thing you can calculate other variable from front

Such as

Saints Row 3 and 4

Inside

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Assassins Creed

Camera control code may be a little different from DX to OpenGL, and game to game.

But usually they just different on reverse rotation or negative sign,try a few times and you should get the correct result.

Notice 3D Vector may not always be x,y,z,take UE4 for example.

For me it's much more like X,Z,Y

Anyway you should figure it out yourself.

Conclusion:

You need 2 key variables.

One is Camera Position Vector

The other is Lookat Vector or Front Vector or Rotation or something else you can calculate the final result.

What I'm talking is all about mouse control FPS camera.

If you don't need mouse control,it will be quite simple.

I saw many people made camera mod with CE for Fight game.

Such as

Street Fighter 5

Tekken 7

ect

They just set a key to change camera position and rotation.

Sure it can do the job and easy enough.

But really hard to get a view you want,so I made my own FPS free camera mod.

4.The most hard thing is taking time to find The Real Camera Position.

From game to game,some you may search for 1 hour,some you may search for 1 or 2 days.

The coding part is always easy.
For me about 5 minutes when I recently practise.

Anyway

Try,Try,Try and in the end you will success.
gondracorn
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject: Free Fly Camera Question Reply with quote

So, I'm trying to find the camera coordinants for Ni No Kuni 2. I think I found the coordinants, but when I attempt to change or freeze the value, it either reverts to it's original source, or crashes the game (when Noping a code within the "find what addresses write to this code")

As far as I can tell there's one writing address, like most other games where I think I found the camera coordinants, that's always adding. There's also usually another one that, when the camera changes position, adds to the address. I believe, and am quite sure, this is a camera code, not only because of the way I searched for the address (always the same way I search for all camera codes, with a slight variation in method), but also because of the consistant look that the code gives me (always has 1 constantly writing code, 1 camera change writing code, and a few seldom writing codes during loops.)

Here's how I start searching

1. Start with "an Unknown Initial Value". Value Type = ALL, Default Ranges. Writable = Don't Care, Executable = Don't Care, Copy on Write = Don't Care, Fast Scan OFF. (This will give me all possible addresses, so I can find the address even if the address falls within a Non-Writable address.)

2. Unpause game. If camera moves, search for a changed address. Else, move player so the camera Camera Moves. Pause the Game. Search for a Changed Value (cause we don't know if the camera is adding or subtracting coordinants, or is locked to the player's coordinants.)

3. Search for an Unchanged Value as many times as possible while the game is paused, eliminating any changing addresses that change while the game is still paused (Because addresses that change at this point are NOT the camera, since the camera is not moving at all.)

4. Unpause the game. Repeat until the number of addresses in the return list is less than 10.

5. Add all remaining addresses to the address list.

6. Find what codes write to each address and determine if it's indeed a camera code. (If the player moves and the writing codes change, it is a possible address. However, if the player moves and the writing codes do not change it, or if the writing codes change and the player does not move, it is not a possible address. In that case, delete the address)

7. For all remaining possible addresses, access the codes once more. (As putting a freeze mark and changing the address won't help in these sort of games, they are not changeable this way as you need a pointer to do this.)
Nop the main code or a side code that changes the address.

8. Move player if possible (assuming the game hasn't crashed yet, which, in 99% of the games I've tried this on, the game does INDEED CRASH. Searching for the same address upon reopen yeilds no results, as the address has changed locations due to a hidden pointer.)

9. Repeat above fruitlessly, trying to find and refind that code.

So, as you see, I am doing SOMETHING wrong. Either I'm not finding the correct address, the game is detecting or not compatible with using custom cameras, or nopping the writing codes is INDEED the wrong solution.

So, tell me, what am I doing wrong?
Csimbi
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using your own words, this is what you should do for step 1:

1. Start with "an Unknown Initial Value".
Value Type = ALL - either limit 'all' to floats and doubles in settings or just scan for floats to begin with
Writable = Writable only
Executable = Don't Care
Copy on Write = turn this off (uncheck)
Fast Scan OFF

For Step 2.
This won't work.
If camera is using absolute coordinates, you need to move the player every time before you scan.
If camera is using relative coordinates (as if attached to the player, a vehicle, a corner in a room, whatever), the camera coordinates will never change.

I tell you what. Look for camera rotation instead of the coordinates - that is, if you can rotate the camera.
For rotation, it does not matter where the camera is, all that matters is what direction it is looking.
There's no need to move player, vehicle, whatever in the game, just turn the camera 45/90/180 degrees left/right before every scan.
This will be a float, too and can be in degrees: 0 to 360, -180 to 180 or in radians from 0 to ~6.28.
See if you can find that. Once you have the rotation, it should be easy to track down the coordinates.
gondracorn
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
Using your own words, this is what you should do for step 1:

1. Start with "an Unknown Initial Value".
Value Type = ALL - either limit 'all' to floats and doubles in settings or just scan for floats to begin with
Writable = Writable only
Executable = Don't Care
Copy on Write = turn this off (uncheck)
Fast Scan OFF

For Step 2.
This won't work.
If camera is using absolute coordinates, you need to move the player every time before you scan.
If camera is using relative coordinates (as if attached to the player, a vehicle, a corner in a room, whatever), the camera coordinates will never change.

I tell you what. Look for camera rotation instead of the coordinates - that is, if you can rotate the camera.
For rotation, it does not matter where the camera is, all that matters is what direction it is looking.
There's no need to move player, vehicle, whatever in the game, just turn the camera 45/90/180 degrees left/right before every scan.
This will be a float, too and can be in degrees: 0 to 360, -180 to 180 or in radians from 0 to ~6.28.
See if you can find that. Once you have the rotation, it should be easy to track down the coordinates.

Ok, I understand, but here's another problem:

The camera seems to move when the avatar moves when idling. So, I cannot use "Unchanged value", as it will return incorrect results.

Or am I still doing it wrong?

This is a very complicated game, seems to have 3 different camera types, one for overworld, one for dungeon, and one for battle. Perhaps you could make a video tutorial showing how to hack the camera with this particular game? PM me on discord. Dracoceros#8799
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: