Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strange issue with cheat engine speedhack function

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Question2
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject: Strange issue with cheat engine speedhack function Reply with quote

I have noticed that with some games, using the speedhack function will cause mouse clicks to not register properly.

For example, in neverwinter nights 2, using the speedhack at values of 1.5 or higher causes left mouse clicks to sporadically fail to register. The problem gets significantly worse at 2.0 and higher values. So for example, when i left click to move my character somewhere, the left click doesnt register and my character just stands there.

Oddly enough, this issue is not present with right mouse click which works all the time. Its not a mouse issue...mouse clicks have no problem registering if i do not use the speedhack.

Does anyone know why this happens or a workaround for it? Im trying to speed up the game so everything happens faster.
Csimbi
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose the game tracks the left clicks on its own to make a difference between click and button held events - and that tracking get screwed up when you adjust the game's speed.
Nothing you can do about it and not a bug, either.
You could try creating an Autohotkey script that sends a left click when you tap a specific key (so you use the keyboard instead of the mice to click).
Question2
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK so you are saying that its because the game tracks how long left mouse is held down, and adjusting the game speed screws that up?

Wouldnt it be possible to also adjust the duration of how long the left mouse is held down so that it matches up with the increased speed? Not sure if theres any way to do that via software though...
Csimbi
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct, that's exactly what I meant.

As for the second question.
This is not a CE issue, so building this would be up to you.
There is a way to get the speedhack value via a LUA script (I know because I am reading/writing the speed setting in a script) so in theory, you could use that value to adjust the game's click tracker timers.
In reality however, finding out how the game manages mouse clicks internally will be challenging.
Not impossible, but challenging.
Most likely you will be looking for a single bit (for each mouse button) and then see the code reading the bits on press, hold and release.

One more thing that comes to mind is adjusting the speedhack setting while the left mouse button is down - from a script - instead of messing with the game itself.
I.e.:
- on button down, read and store current speed setting and set 1.0
- on button up, restore previous speed setting.
Although this would require CE to detect mouse events and building your own tracker for those events.
This is something I have not done before, it's just an idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: