Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Confusion about one of the tutorials

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HereWeGoAgain
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject: Confusion about one of the tutorials Reply with quote

Watching one of the video tutorials suggested for beginners (Cheat Engine How To Hack Any Game [1/10 Difficulty] [Part 1/2]) I noticed that the health value he grabbed was the wrong one, and follow up tutorials use that incorrect address. To verify it's wrong I tried it myself, and found that one is what you see on the screen, the other is what the actual value is. When you take damage, the one on the screen is updated to match the actual value.

Not a big deal, it's a minor part of the tutorial. And I understand that one is probably just a copy of the other. What confuses me however is that there seems to be some redundant structures. Despite having the wrong health value, the address for the player object is correct. The structure also has things the like ammo count, which are the correct ones to change. However, if you look at the structure pointed to by the *real* health value, you get a structure that also has all of your ammo, grenades, etc. but they act like copies, changing them has no effect. Additionally, the pointers that point towards that structure have nothing that access/write to them. I'm unable to find a link between that real health address and the one in the player structure.

Could someone explain to me what's going on here? Maybe I'm overthinking things.

1.PNG
 Description:
The address states by the tutorial to be health set to 1, and the real value set to 5000
 Filesize:  57.19 KB
 Viewed:  611 Time(s)

1.PNG

2.PNG
 Description:
The value after taking damage
 Filesize:  54.81 KB
 Viewed:  611 Time(s)

2.PNG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: