Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Label A Register Address

View previous topic :: View next topic  
searay330
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Label A Register Address Reply with quote

i have been all over the internet and the forum what i am trying to do is quite simple, i want to save a registers address while my code is running so that i can register it as a symbol and display that symbol in the table. This for some reason seems to elude me i have tried to use define and labels all with no luck if some one could show me how to save an address from a register to a label that would be great thanks
FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

search for injection copies, though in short allocate some memory and register that as a symbol then hook the code that uses the register and copy the address in the register to your symbol's memory. Then you'll have a pointer to the address, eg. if your symbol is PlayerPtr then PlayerPtr is the address of the allocated memory and [PlayerPtr] is the address from the register, to use that in another AA script you'd do something like

Code:
mov rax, [PlayerPtr] // load address
mov [rax+0], ... // set value at address to ...

In the addresslist / lua you could just use [[PlayerPtr]+0]. The +0 is unnecessary, just indicting where the offset would go for a structure.

a register's value is constantly changing (plus each thread has it's own register values) so you can have a symbol directly to a register and AA doesn't have a way to register arbitrary symbols post assembling, with lua you could just call registerSymbol('name', RAX) (assuming it's stopped at a breakpoint and accessing the value of RAX makes sense)

Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you may wish to use https://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=607828

as in your code injection you csn then call the lua function to register the value of the register

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: