Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Peggle - doing more than infinite shots

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eriongtk
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Peggle - doing more than infinite shots Reply with quote

Hello all!

I would like to change a few things in Peggle just for fun and to see how much i can - could- use game mechanics against itself.
My biggest problem is that i am not really good with scripting (yet) or finding "static" values, like values for a specific object.

Finding pointers only become problematic when there is like a multiplication in the jump address, like EDI*8+4c -for example-...but thats a different story.
I would like to achieve something like this:

/watch?v=gFnK7H7UKTQ
or this:
/watch?v=rIzeH-aKOTE - ideally this one.

So my problem is that i have no idea on how to find "static" addresses like this one. How do i start scanning for something like this?

► If i wanted to change all pegs to behave like green pegs
► If i wanted to change all pegs to behave like purple pegs
(or, with a different game example:
► in an RPG how would i change the XP multiplier for kills or skill uses? Like if i wanted to boost default xp earned by 5, or 5000)

I am unfortunately only good for doing the normal method - scan - change value - chan again until address is found...

I am not expecting anyone to write this table for me or do the work for me, i would just need some pointers on how to go about these (and since im an idiot when it comes to assembly, i would like to aplogize in advance.)
TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find some thing related to the value in question and start there. So for an XP multiplier just find XP, then "find out what accesses" it when it's increased and start looking for a multiplier in the assembly code or just find where it adds the increase to XP and put your own multiplier in.

Short answer, you'll need some skills: debugging, assembly, and code injection.

How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply Smile I know i wont be making miracles with the current knowledge. But i dont even know what i dont know - i dont know the knowledge i might be ~ who am i kidding...lacking to achieve something. If i could get the resolution, i can figure out the rest (even if it means of looking up stuff myself.)

Thanks for clarifying the XP question.

My problem is really that i dont know how to access and modify stuff like the type of Peggle's pegs - please see youtube videos for what i mean-...anything that doesnt really have a direct changing value: type of peg, type of item, etc. I will do my best on figuring out the solution myself, i would like just to know on how to start doing it. I am happy to learn new tricks.
TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be try and find the value for the number of balls on the board (if it exists, as it may not) and see what function writes to that and find what calls that function. But I think this will take a far amount of debugging/reversing skills, so my suggestion is to do some other/easier stuff first, then come back to some thing like this when you have some experience in debugging/reversing. Like get to where you can add in your own multipliers for XP, Damage, Time of day, may be some "No-clip" scripts; then you will most likely have the skills need to start this adventure.

Try the CE tutorial:
http://wiki.cheatengine.org/index.php?title=Tutorials:Cheat_Engine_Tutorial_Guide_x32
http://wiki.cheatengine.org/index.php?title=Tutorials:Cheat_Engine_Tutorial_Guide_x64

And Stephen Chapman has a good YouTube channel with a lot of tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqfqH-wq12WOm4QG4KiRisw

And so does Cheat The Game.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxuUEVD4bQqT3twlaeW9usQ

How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for the sources. I know, i defintely dont want to shoot for the moon while i didnt even have airplanes yet... but it is at least good to know what my shortcomings are and what skills i needed to get there.
Based on what you wrote do i understand it correctly that the

"what accesses this address" is to find hidden things (XP multiplier, etc)
"what writes to this address" is for some more direct values and calls?

In any case, i gonna check these tutorials out, and thanks!
mrhartsclube
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If i wanted to change all pegs to behave like green pegs

Hey man, its been 4 years since this question but no one replied the correct way, and I don't mean only this topic, only hacks for peggle games are power ups or numbers on the screen.

look up my cheat sheet witch I tend to keep working on that to achieve something like the bucket follows the ball X direction so it always catches the ball. its fun Very Happy

here's my cheat sheet "mrhdm[dot]blogspot[dot]com/2018/01/peggle-all-versions-hack-pc-game[dot]html" in my personal blog which is no so active but you can check other games there too.

this is everything included in this post:
[list=]Balls Count
Blue/Red Pegs Count
Special Powers
Combo's Score
Score
All Pegs Are Green
[/list]

I also hacked some more and keep hacking stuff every now and then, if you are interested in these hacks that some of them are not included just let me know Very Happy :

[list=]
All Pegs Are Green
Balls
Ball State
Aim Direction
Style Points
Combo's Score
Score
Blue Pegs
Orange Pegs
All Pegs Hit
Bucket Catchs
Green Pegs Hit
Shots Fired
Kat Tut [Pyramid]
Claude [Flippers]
Renfield [Spooky Ball]
Warren [Magic Hat]
Warren [Triple Score]
Warren Spin [Score Tripler]
Warren Spin [Magic Hat]
Warren Spin [Random Powerup]
Warren Spin [Extra Ball]
Lord Cinderbottom [Fireball]
Master Hu [Zen Ball][/list]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: