Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help converting lua script for CE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
manaul searching will work fine too if you could teach me how
figure out what value you want to find and what type it is, put it in CE, that should be pretty obvious.... There's one edit box for the value and a dropdown for the type (with a label next to it that says "Value Type")....if you need more than that perhaps go to youtube and type in cheat engine tutorial so you can actually see it in action...

as for converting the scripts, maybe if you can explain the logic behind the code... CE does have a memscan which gives you all the options the CE gui does

via
firstScan(scanoption, vartype, roundingtype, input1, input2 ,startAddress ,stopAddress ,protectionflags ,alignmenttype ,"alignmentparam" ,isHexadecimalInput ,isNotABinaryString, isunicodescan, iscasesensitive);

and
nextScan(scanoption, roundingtype, input1,input2, isHexadecimalInput, isNotABinaryString, isunicodescan, iscasesensitive, ispercentagescan, savedresultname OPTIONAL);

(see celua.txt in the install directory)

Though generally the way CE is used you either find pointers or change the code itself so that you don't need to do any scans to use the hack (the creator of the hack would do scans initially but it'd be unnecessary once it's complete and ready to be shared with other people).

for example this one seems like it's simple enough, but then it has some values that I don't actually know what they mean....? (presumably it's just a scan for the float 0.77649998665)
gg.searchNumber('0.77649998665', gg.TYPE_FLOAT, false, gg.SIGN_EQUAL, 0, -1)

but this one I have no idea about because it has 4 numbers with different symbols even though all the rest of the arguments are the same as the above...
gg.searchNumber('0.8;0.77649998665;0.73729997873::9::', gg.TYPE_FLOAT, false, gg.SIGN_EQUAL, 0, -1)
TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best bet for converting code, is to start by understanding the starting code,

"0.8;0.77649998665;0.73729997873::9::" this looks like some type of format to scan for multiple things at once, find out what is be scanned for here. It doesn't seem to be a range and I have know idea what the "::9::" is for.

"gg.TYPE_FLOAT" seems to just be telling it it's a float data type.

"false" you will just have to find out what this is doing.

"gg.SIGN_EQUAL" this looks like it might be a way to set a not equal or equal scan.

"0" and "-1" again you will just have to find out what these do.

But I'm going to say that what @FreeER said is the best bet, just learn Cheat Engine a little and you will probable find that it is a little easier to use, with a lot more power.

How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes a manage to understand a bit about the script from a reply by freeman before from my other post.. but btw how can i search it?

i tried groupscan by doing this

f:0.8 f:0.77649998665 f:0.73729997873

what can i do after the group scan and i just want to take the green box only from the address whatt should i put on next scan

Capture.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.32 KB
 Viewed:  9090 Time(s)

Capture.PNG

syahrian
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on your game guardian scipt, maybe you must change the value to 66666 because i seen "edit all" command.
Hope it help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: