Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Request] Pointer Tutorial for Android

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials -> Pointer tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snow1337
Catastrophic Cheatah

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject: [Request] Pointer Tutorial for Android Reply with quote

I am not a noob by far, I can't figure this out without using a computer and connecting to my phone through ceserver, Is there not a way of doing pointers inside of just your phone alone?
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pointer option is only useful if you do have a computer to find it. Without it there's not much you can do right now. (Don't expect the pointerscanner to get ported to android until your mobile phone needs a 1000W power supply)

As for people with a computer that want to find pointers (Which you can later on put on the android version)
First make sure you have the latest ceserver and cheat engine build on your pc (see http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5612706#5612706 )

Now, assuming that the game makes use of JNI and isn't fully java based, and it stores some reference to the game data in it's local memory you can try the pointerscan

If you have the proper hardware on your phone and proper linux version, you might even debug (note that even if you're on an arm64 system, you need the arm32 build to debug 32-bit apps)

--
Perhaps you could get GDB to work in a shell on android...

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Snow1337
Catastrophic Cheatah

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply DB, I know how to do it with a computer, I was hoping there was a way of doing it with only my phone.

Im reading into emulating the sdk-gdb script, if I have any luck with it ill post my results.

Thanks again

edit:

By the way, I found a problem.. addresses added to the address list, I cant open them up in Memory Viewer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials -> Pointer tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: