Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hit the wall with Dishonored
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I am referring to injection...right-click on your money address in your cheat table and click on 'find out what accesses...'. By doing so, you can circumvent the need for pointers altogether with a little bit of work. I assumed that that was the approach that you were referring to since you mentioned the use of the VEH debugger.
Dlve
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:
No, I am referring to injection...right-click on your money address in your cheat table and click on 'find out what accesses...'. By doing so, you can circumvent the need for pointers altogether with a little bit of work. I assumed that that was the approach that you were referring to since you mentioned the use of the VEH debugger.

Now you've lost me. In the picture I right clicked on the money address and I chose "find out what writes to this address", the rest you can see for yourself. I get similar results with "find out what accesses this address". I've gotten same results no matter which I've used so I thought that picture would prove the manual method is causing new kind of problems that weren't there when I made the first post. If that is not what you mean can you be a little more specific.
danrevella
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I have right understand, ++Methos told you about avoiding pointer, and instead patch the code (who is static) SO you may obtain an infinite value.........
Dlve
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't the code static when the address is green which can only be found using "find out what accesses this address"? If I'm completely wrong can you please explain?
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are not comfortable with injection, you will need to find the pointers for your address. I highly recommend using the pointer scanner over the manual method.

If you are not getting the results that you want with the pointer scanner, certain adjustments can be made to improve those results.

It is normal to have thousands of pointer results that work. When you close the game and reopen it, and the pointer stops working...it just means that it's not a stable pointer...which means that you need to rescan your previous pointer results to narrow in on a more stable pointer. If you rescan your previous pointer results for the new address, and zero results are displayed after the scan, it probably means that you are not digging deep enough...which means that you either need to change your max level or max offset value in your pointer scanner settings.
Dlve
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:
If you are not comfortable with injection, you will need to find the pointers for your address. I highly recommend using the pointer scanner over the manual method.

If you are not getting the results that you want with the pointer scanner, certain adjustments can be made to improve those results.

It is normal to have thousands of pointer results that work. When you close the game and reopen it, and the pointer stops working...it just means that it's not a stable pointer...which means that you need to rescan your previous pointer results to narrow in on a more stable pointer. If you rescan your previous pointer results for the new address, and zero results are displayed after the scan, it probably means that you are not digging deep enough...which means that you either need to change your max level or max offset value in your pointer scanner settings.

Oh yeah now I remember what Injecting is, it's been sometime since I did the tutorial so I didn't remember. I'll have to check some tutorials.

About the scanning my max offset value is 2048 and level is 6 but I guess I'll try increasing if I can't learn injecting.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use more than 6 levels, I would recommend lowering your offset value to about 300-500. For some cases, using pointers is not practical or even possible, so injection must be used.
Dlve
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured out how to decrease, increase or freeze bullets by using injection but how can I just change the value? That's quite essential for money I think.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of ways. Once you have found the address that holds the money value, you must look to see which instruction(s) access that address. Right-click on the money address in your cheat table and select 'find out what accesses this address'. The debugger window should pop up. In the debugger window, right-click on an open space and look to see if found opcodes also access other addresses. Return to the game and let it run for a second. If you have an instruction that ONLY accesses 1 address, then you can probably use that for your injection point. If the instruction(s) access more than one address, you may need to filter out all of the non-money addresses in your script. Once you have a working script that only affects your money address, I can show you how to alter that value using a script.
Dlve
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I found it.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found what?
Dlve
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a working script, if I'm not confused about what it is. I have a script at the moment which I can use to freeze, decrease or increase the value if I for example buy something.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay...so...you're good then? Or you wanted to do something with it? Maybe you thought I could tell you what to change in the script without seeing it?
Dlve
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I thought it would be a simple command like "add" and then the umm... code but I guess not.

Code:
[ENABLE]
//code from here to '[DISABLE]' will be used to enable the cheat
alloc(newmem,2048)
label(returnhere)
label(originalcode)
label(exit)

newmem: //this is allocated memory, you have read,write,execute access
//place your code here

originalcode:
mov [esi+04],edx
pop ebx
test edx,edx

exit:
jmp returnhere

"Dishonored.exe"+80F53C:
jmp newmem
nop
returnhere:

[DISABLE]
//code from here till the end of the code will be used to disable the cheat
dealloc(newmem)
"Dishonored.exe"+80F53C:
mov [esi+04],edx
pop ebx
test edx,edx
//Alt: db 89 56 04 5B 85 D2
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Dlve wrote:
Well, I thought it would be a simple command like "add" and then the umm... code but I guess not.

Dlve wrote:
I figured out how to decrease, increase or freeze bullets by using injection but how can I just change the value? That's quite essential for money I think.
-Being able to change the value, on the fly, to whatever you want, is a lot different from just being able to 'set' the value.

You can try the table below.

Important: After enabling the script, you should see an entry below that says 'VALUE' for the description. Double-click on the address column for this entry and click the box that says 'pointer'. In the bottom text field, type this in: value
After that, click on the right arrow so that the offset is +4. Click okay. If it's working properly, save your table and you are done.

Dishonored.CT
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Dishonored.CT
 Filesize:  1.04 KB
 Downloaded:  991 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: