Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What just happened?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NotReallySureWhatGoesHere
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: What just happened? Reply with quote

So basically I was browsing FB and clicked on a news-feed link, it brought me here: http://newtraill.blogspot.com/

Even though I knew it was a fake video I clicked on it. I was wondering if someone experiences in web development could take a look and tell me what happens. From viewing the source it looks like it has something to do with making money from random people such as me clicking on it.

???

Not sure if it's harmful or not but I'd like to know if did anything FB related. Thanks.
Madman
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically a newsfeed link is just something that is posted without any sort of block by the user. (Or by a worm or bot of some kind to infect others, or simply get some mediocre traffic)

From the looks of it, actually clicking the "video" would add that URL to your Facebook wall, thus continuing it's traffic stream.

As far as being harmful, no I don't think so, unless you consider spam on your Facebook wall to be harmful.

Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madman wrote:
Basically a newsfeed link is just something that is posted without any sort of block by the user. (Or by a worm or bot of some kind to infect others, or simply get some mediocre traffic)

From the looks of it, actually clicking the "video" would add that URL to your Facebook wall, thus continuing it's traffic stream.

As far as being harmful, no I don't think so, unless you consider spam on your Facebook wall to be harmful.

Alright thanks for clearing that up Wink

I rarely click those anyway, however that one intrigued me Embarassed
Madman
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're worried it posted on yours just check your own wall by clicking your name in the top left.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Web Development All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: