Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multilevel Pointers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nwongfeiying
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Multilevel Pointers Reply with quote

I felt bored and decided to exercise my knowledge of assembly and because I don't have access to the internet, I decided to see what's changed about the Cheat Engine in revision 5.4. DarkByte changed the tutorial around and added multilevel pointers. I just can't seem to get past this point, not because I'm uncapable of the memory editing or confused on the steps, but whenever I change the last pointer to 5000, I get a reading memory access violation error:

Access violation at address <insert address here> in module "Tutorial.exe". Read of address 0000139C.

I'm pretty sure I have all the pointers right and because I can't get past it for whatever reason (I'm guessing my computer that's running Vista in x64), I wanted to check my answers and ask for the password of step 9.

Pointer to Health Offset 18
Pointer[2] to Pointer[1] 0
Pointer[3] to Pointer[2] 14
Pointer[4] to Pointer[3] C

Address: 0045CC20 Offset: C

Am I right?

Also, since I had this thread openned, whenever I try to watch what access an address from Vista's Ink Ball or Chess Titans or Solitare, I always get an error telling me to use process picker or I don't have enough debug rights, why is that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: