2017-12-11 17:51 CET

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0000050Cheat Enginepublic2008-11-11 04:38
ReporterCsimbi 
Assigned ToDark Byte 
PrioritynormalSeverityblockReproducibilityalways
StatusresolvedResolutionfixed 
Summary0000050: CE 5.4.2 cannot find the right address
DescriptionI am trying to find the addresses of the resources in Warlords Battlecry II - 1.04 beta patch. I could not find the values no matter what I tried, so I decided to give a go for TSearch 1.6b. I realized that the number of addresses is not the same for the first search.

I have CE 5.4.2.

I start a search for unknown values (4 bytes int).
After hitting first scan, the number of addresses displayed is:
165875712

I start TSearch, too and start a scan for unknown values as well (again, 4 bytes int).
After hitting ok, the number of addresses displayed is:
167695720

I go back to the game, let it go for a few secs to update the value and I search for "changed" values.
CE shows: 136913
TS shows: 154212

I go back to the game, but immediately ALT+TAB back to windows (to filter out game ticks, music, etc changes in the memory). Then, I continue searching for "unchanged" values.
CE shows: 57610
TS shows: 58230

I do the same thing again then I continue searching for "unchanged" values.
CE shows: 45947
TS shows: 46494

I go back to the game do not un-pause it, purchase something, and I search for "changed" values.
CE shows: 43337
TS shows: 43447

I go back to the game, do not un-pause it, cancel the previous purchase and I search for "changed" values.
CE shows: 42552
TS shows: 42587

I go back to the game, let the game run for a while to increase the money and I search for "changed" values.
CE shows: 1473
TS shows: 1511

Some more searches:
CE/TS
292/310
253/271
118/130
84/96
72/84
5/13

By trial and error and found out the right address.
Guess what: it was NOT on the list of the addresses found by CE!
So, it seems that there is something wrong with CE.

I repeated the test once again (naturally the numbers differ), but CE still could not find the right address - maybe it did not even search the right memory addresses in the first place?

If you


Additional InformationIn CE settings, I ticked the first two of these checkboxes:
MEM_PRIVATE
MEM_IMAGE
MEM_MAPPED

If you need further testing, please email me!
TagsNo tags attached.
Attached Files

-Relationships
+Relationships

-Notes

~0000098

Dark Byte (developer)

could have to do with 0000049

~0000188

Dark Byte (developer)

fixed a scan routine in 5.4.3 that had to do with regions it scanned. Could be the cause of this particular problem as well (seeing the regions weren't split up correctly)
+Notes

-Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2008-07-11 20:02 Csimbi New Issue
2008-07-14 02:41 Dark Byte Note Added: 0000098
2008-07-14 02:41 Dark Byte Status new => acknowledged
2008-11-11 04:38 Dark Byte Note Added: 0000188
2008-11-11 04:38 Dark Byte Status acknowledged => resolved
2008-11-11 04:38 Dark Byte Resolution open => fixed
2008-11-11 04:38 Dark Byte Assigned To => Dark Byte
+Issue History