Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need help with injection copy!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xenowyaa
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:20 am    Post subject: need help with injection copy!! Reply with quote

okay so for the most part i kind of know what im doing, I've done injection copies for a lot of games but recently I came across this issue and i desperately want to learn how to fix it. so doing a normal injection copy looks something like this:
--------
globalalloc(nightvision2,Cool

newmem:

code:
mov rax,rsi
mov [nightvision2],rax
movss [rsi+00001324],xmm12
jmp return
---------
so i would simply move rax into my allocated memory which works nice but the issue i came across looks like this:
--------
globalalloc(INJECT2,Cool

newmem:

code:
movss xmm0,[r8+rax*4+0000123C]
jmp return
---------

what exactly do i move into my allocated memory? i tried rax i tried just r8 but i do know xmm0 is holding my value i want to move into the allocated memory so i tried "movss [INJECT2],xmm0" but that doesn't work it says that the addresses are too far so is there a way to fix this? i would love some help if anyone would, OH and what would i use as the offset? just "123C"??, thank you
Game Hacking Dojo
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those complex addresses are somehow better to deal with since they would probably give you the identifier to separate it from other addresses.

To know for sure what to get for you injection copy:

1. You should select the instruction, right click and select "what addresses this instruction access"
2. In the window you get check the address if R8 is consistent throughout all the addresses.
3. If R8 is consistent then find the address you are interested in making injection copy of and check what RAX was.
4. You could either write your code like:

Code:
push rax
push rdx
mov [nightvision2],R8
mov rax,[THE VALUE YOU FOUND RAX HOLDING]
mov rdx,4
mul rax
add [nightvision2],rax
add [nightvision2],123C
pop rdx
pop rax

4. Or you can do this:

Code:
mov [nightvision2],R8

and when you add the [nightvision2] to the cheat table you add the other values manually like so (assuming RAX was holding 10):
[nightvision2]+40+123C
xenowyaa
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game Hacking Dojo wrote:
Those complex addresses are somehow better to deal with since they would probably give you the identifier to separate it from other addresses.

To know for sure what to get for you injection copy:

1. You should select the instruction, right click and select "what addresses this instruction access"
2. In the window you get check the address if R8 is consistent throughout all the addresses.
3. If R8 is consistent then find the address you are interested in making injection copy of and check what RAX was.
4. You could either write your code like:

Code:
push rax
push rdx
mov [nightvision2],R8
mov rax,[THE VALUE YOU FOUND RAX HOLDING]
mov rdx,4
mul rax
add [nightvision2],rax
add [nightvision2],123C
pop rdx
pop rax

4. Or you can do this:

Code:
mov [nightvision2],R8

and when you add the [nightvision2] to the cheat table you add the other values manually like so (assuming RAX was holding 10):
[nightvision2]+40+123C

i tried both ways especially "mov [nightvision2],R8" and it gives me the error "This instruction can not be assembled because the distance between the current address and addressed address is too big. Try placing the address in a register first and use that" any other ways or ideas???
Game Hacking Dojo
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't use globlealloc

use this:
Code:
[enable]
alloc(nightvision2,8)
registersymbol(nightvision2)

//Your code

[disable]
dealloc(nightvision2)
unregistersymbol(nightvision2)

it's also possible to use * to dealloc or to unregistersymbols like this:
Code:
dealloc(*)
unregistersymbol(*)

I also suggest you don't use globlealloc at all
xenowyaa
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game Hacking Dojo wrote:
Don't use globlealloc

use this:
Code:
[enable]
alloc(nightvision2,8)
registersymbol(nightvision2)

//Your code

[disable]
dealloc(nightvision2)
unregistersymbol(nightvision2)

it's also possible to use * to dealloc or to unregistersymbols like this:
Code:
dealloc(*)
unregistersymbol(*)

I also suggest you don't use globlealloc at all

okay so some progress your tip did in fact let me enable the script, so no more error so thank you so much for that i really appreciate it, but i made the pointer by just adding address manually then clicking pointer then typing in "nightvision2" and setting 123C as the offset and it doesnt point to anything it just has question marks, would you know why? and sorry if this is getting annoying but im really enjoying the help and feed back!!
Game Hacking Dojo
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you add the address [TheAddress] don't check the pointer checkbox and add the values like this [TheAddress]+bla+bla+bla (keep the brackets)

It's fine I like helping you could also watch some YouTube to learn more. Cheat The Game channel has a few tutorials on injection copies. I also make YouTube videos to help so I enjoy it.
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenowyaa wrote:
Code:
globalalloc(INJECT2,8)

newmem:

code:
jmp return

what exactly do i move into my allocated memory?

Code:
[ENABLE]
aobscan(whateverInjectionPoint,xx xx xx)

alloc(newmem,4096,whateverInjectionPoint)
globalalloc(specialAddress,8,whateverInjectionPoint)

label(return)

newmem:
  push rcx
  lea rcx,[r8+rax*4+0000123C]
  mov [specialAddress],rcx
  pop rcx

// original code
  jmp return

whateverInjectionPoint:
  jmp newmem
  nop ...
return:

[DISABLE]
Add a new memory record, check the "pointer" checkbox, base address is specialAddress, only offset is 0. This code accounts for the offset of rax*4+123C, so leave the offset as 0.

Also, as with all code injections, you should make sure that instruction is only accessing the address you want. Right click it in the disassembler and select "Find out what addresses this instruction accesses". If there's more than the one you want, see step 9 of the CE tutorial.

xenowyaa wrote:
i tried both ways especially "mov [nightvision2],R8" and it gives me the error "This instruction can not be assembled because the distance between the current address and addressed address is too big. Try placing the address in a register first and use that" any other ways or ideas???
Cheat Engine wrote:
Try placing the address in a register first and use that
Code:
mov [address],rcx  // bad

push rbx
mov rbx,address
mov [rbx],rcx  // good
pop rbx
You could also just use the third parameter to (global)alloc and it'll get allocated near the specified address. e.g. my code:
Code:

xenowyaa
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParkourPenguin wrote:
xenowyaa wrote:
Code:
globalalloc(INJECT2,8)

newmem:

code:
jmp return

what exactly do i move into my allocated memory?

Code:
[ENABLE]
aobscan(whateverInjectionPoint,xx xx xx)

alloc(newmem,4096,whateverInjectionPoint)

label(return)

newmem:
  push rcx
  mov [specialAddress],rcx
  pop rcx

// original code
  jmp return

whateverInjectionPoint:
  jmp newmem
  nop ...
return:

[DISABLE]
Add a new memory record, check the "pointer" checkbox, base address is specialAddress, only offset is 0. This code accounts for the offset of rax*4+123C, so leave the offset as 0.

Also, as with all code injections, you should make sure that instruction is only accessing the address you want. Right click it in the disassembler and select "Find out what addresses this instruction accesses". If there's more than the one you want, see step 9 of the CE tutorial.

xenowyaa wrote:
Cheat Engine wrote:
Try placing the address in a register first and use that
Code:
mov [address],rcx  // bad

push rbx
mov rbx,address
mov [rbx],rcx  // good
pop rbx
You could also just use the third parameter to (global)alloc and it'll get allocated near the specified address. e.g. my code:
Code:

i tried this and this is when the script doesnt activate and says the addresses are too far and to put them in a new register or something like that, any work around? thanks
Game Hacking Dojo
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post the result of an "AOB injection" template at the address you want. So we could see where the problem is.
xenowyaa
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game Hacking Dojo wrote:
When you add the address [TheAddress] don't check the pointer checkbox and add the values like this [TheAddress]+bla+bla+bla (keep the brackets)

It's fine I like helping you could also watch some YouTube to learn more. Cheat The Game channel has a few tutorials on injection copies. I also make YouTube videos to help so I enjoy it.

okay more progress, it kind of worked the script activates which is good but 2 problems

1.there is multiple addresses accessing that same instruction so I made wrote some code that will compare out the ones that aren't the value I want and give me the value I want but it only gives me one value that isn't the one I want and there is no other instruction that only has the value I want.

2.I understood what you meant when you said not to check the point box and to just put it in the address box manually so what I typed was "[nightvision2]+123C" and it read it just fine but what about code like this "[rbx+rax*4]" with no offset what do I put after the +. looking forward to your response thanks again!!!
Game Hacking Dojo
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

complex addresses consist of multiple registers e.g. [rbx+rax*4+offset].
Those registers usually hold the following:

- The base address, holding the biggest value. rbx in this example.
- The identifier holding a small value that will point to another address in the table. rax in this example.

How did I know rbx (in this example) is holding the base address?
I know rbx is holding the biggest value because is not being multiplied by anything otherwise the memory address can't hold that massive number generated by multiplying a base address by 4 (it could be any even number)

Code:
  push rcx
  mov [specialAddress],rcx
  pop rcx

let's pretend that the sum of r8+rax*4+123C = 1859A2085C0
If we add this to the cheat table and as an address (without checking the pointer box) then we will get another address as a value held by our address.

So in this case we need to check the pointer box to get the value held by the pointed-at address.

Similarly, we could surround the address by square brackets without checking the pointer box and we will get the same effect.

How do we separate or filter out those addresses we are not interested in?
Simply, as I said earlier "rax*4" is obviously the identifier in this case because would be holding a small number that is mostly likely to be unique to the address you're interested in.
So first you check what addresses accessing the instructions right-click the address you want and select "Show Registers" or "Ctrl+R". Then you check was rax was at that point. Also, check whether it's really unique to your address or not by checking the other address in the same fashion.

Let's assume rax was 2C and was unique to your address:

Code:

cmp rax,2C
  jne OriginalCode

push rcx
  mov [specialAddress],rcx
  pop rcx

// original code
OriginalCode:
  jmp return

This way you will get the sum of the values held by those registers 1859A2085C0 (As we pretended).

Now you add "specialAddress" (without quotes nor brackets) to the cheat table and check the pointer check box.

If you have a problem post the entire script.
xenowyaa
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game Hacking Dojo wrote:
complex addresses consist of multiple registers e.g. [rbx+rax*4+offset].
Those registers usually hold the following:

- The base address, holding the biggest value. rbx in this example.
- The identifier holding a small value that will point to another address in the table. rax in this example.

How did I know rbx (in this example) is holding the base address?
I know rbx is holding the biggest value because is not being multiplied by anything otherwise the memory address can't hold that massive number generated by multiplying a base address by 4 (it could be any even number)

Code:
  push rcx
  mov [specialAddress],rcx
  pop rcx

let's pretend that the sum of r8+rax*4+123C = 1859A2085C0
If we add this to the cheat table and as an address (without checking the pointer box) then we will get another address as a value held by our address.

So in this case we need to check the pointer box to get the value held by the pointed-at address.

Similarly, we could surround the address by square brackets without checking the pointer box and we will get the same effect.

How do we separate or filter out those addresses we are not interested in?
Simply, as I said earlier "rax*4" is obviously the identifier in this case because would be holding a small number that is mostly likely to be unique to the address you're interested in.
So first you check what addresses accessing the instructions right-click the address you want and select "Show Registers" or "Ctrl+R". Then you check was rax was at that point. Also, check whether it's really unique to your address or not by checking the other address in the same fashion.

Let's assume rax was 2C and was unique to your address:

Code:

cmp rax,2C
  jne OriginalCode

push rcx
  mov [specialAddress],rcx
  pop rcx

// original code
OriginalCode:
  jmp return

This way you will get the sum of the values held by those registers 1859A2085C0 (As we pretended).

Now you add "specialAddress" (without quotes nor brackets) to the cheat table and check the pointer check box.

If you have a problem post the entire script.

BROO!!!!! IT WORKED THANK YOU but one more thing I hope its not too much work but those other addresses in that same instruction that i filtered out I kind of need those to continue my cheat table so i tried making a new AOB injection on the same address but for a different value this this time but i noticed i can only have one activated at a time, so I tried a script like this

Code:
[ENABLE]

aobscanmodule(goop,SummerCamp.exe,F3 41 0F 10 84 80 3C 12 00 00) // should be unique
alloc(newmem,$1000,goop)
alloc(goop2,8)
alloc(test1)
label(code)
label(return)
label(test1)
registersymbol(goop2)
registersymbol(test1)

newmem:
  cmp rax,3
  jne code
  push rcx
  mov [goop2],rcx
  pop rcx

code:
  jmp return

test1:
  cmp rax,9
  jne code
  push rcx
  mov [test1],rcx
  pop rcx

goop:
  jmp newmem
  nop 5
return:
registersymbol(goop)

[DISABLE]

goop:
  db F3 41 0F 10 84 80 3C 12 00 00

unregistersymbol(goop)
unregistersymbol(goop2)
unregistersymbol(test1)
dealloc(newmem)
dealloc(goop2)
dealloc(test1)

as you see this is the same script but i allocated a new specialaddress "test1", so my vision was I could use one script that will load the other values I wanted that accessed that same instruction, so I allocated memory and registered a new symbol and added a label and when I declared it I wrote the same push pop code thinking it would just move the new value in that specialaddress but it didnt work any reason why?
Game Hacking Dojo
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scripts work by replacing a potentially executable code with a jump to a code
made by the user. If we want to make a script in the same location it either has to be merged with the first one or we need to find enough space for the new jump we want to place, either before or after the first jump we made, can't be in the same location. If we try to put them on top of each other one only will take the place.

This script is meant to look neater.

Code:
[ENABLE]

aobscanmodule(goop,SummerCamp.exe,F3 41 0F 10 84 80 3C 12 00 00) // should be unique
alloc(newmem,$1000,goop)
alloc(goop2,8,goop)         //Find a better naming convention to make your life easier
registersymbol(goop2)
alloc(goop3,8,goop)
registersymbol(goop3)
alloc(goop4,8,goop)
registersymbol(goop4)
//label(code)
//label(return)
//label(test1)

newmem:       //Second to be excuted
  cmp rax,3
  je item1

cmp rax,4
  je item2

cmp rax,5
  je item3

//Continue here in the same fashion if there's more you want to add

jmp code  //Don't forget to add this or else anything that isn't filtered top will go to first label

item1:
  push rcx
  mov [goop2],rcx
  pop rcx
  jmp code

item2:
  push rcx
  mov [goop3],rcx
  pop rcx
  jmp code

item3:
  push rcx
  mov [goop4],rcx
  pop rcx
  jmp code

code:       //Third to be excuted
  jmp return

//You can't write anything hear and it will most likely crash the process

goop:       //First to be excuted
  jmp newmem
  nop 5

return:       //Fourth to be excuted
registersymbol(goop)

[DISABLE]

goop:       //last to be excuted, when script gets disabled

dealloc(*)        //By using * we dealloc everything allocated in this script
unregistersymbol(*)        //By using * we unregister all symbol everything registered in this script

//unregistersymbol(goop)
//unregistersymbol(goop2)
//unregistersymbol(test1)
//dealloc(newmem)
//dealloc(goop2)
//dealloc(test1)
xenowyaa
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game Hacking Dojo wrote:
Scripts work by replacing a potentially executable code with a jump to a code
made by the user. If we want to make a script in the same location it either has to be merged with the first one or we need to find enough space for the new jump we want to place, either before or after the first jump we made, can't be in the same location. If we try to put them on top of each other one only will take the place.

This script is meant to look neater.

Code:
[ENABLE]

alloc(newmem,$1000,goop)
alloc(goop2,8,goop)         //Find a better naming convention to make your life easier
registersymbol(goop2)
alloc(goop3,8,goop)
registersymbol(goop3)
alloc(goop4,8,goop)
registersymbol(goop4)
//label(code)
//label(return)
//label(test1)

newmem:       //Second to be excuted
  cmp rax,3
  je item1

cmp rax,4
  je item2

cmp rax,5
  je item3

jmp code  //Don't forget to add this or else anything that isn't filtered top will go to first label

item1:
  push rcx
  mov [goop2],rcx
  pop rcx
  jmp code

item2:
  push rcx
  mov [goop3],rcx
  pop rcx
  jmp code

item3:
  push rcx
  mov [goop4],rcx
  pop rcx
  jmp code

code:       //Third to be excuted
  jmp return

//You can't write anything hear and it will most likely crash the process

goop:       //First to be excuted
  jmp newmem
  nop 5

return:       //Fourth to be excuted
registersymbol(goop)

[DISABLE]

goop:       //last to be excuted, when script gets disabled

dealloc(*)        //By using * we dealloc everything allocated in this script
unregistersymbol(*)        //By using * we unregister all symbol everything registered in this script

//unregistersymbol(goop)
//unregistersymbol(goop2)
//unregistersymbol(test1)
//dealloc(newmem)
//dealloc(goop2)
//dealloc(test1)

I tried my best to go off your script and it crashes my game, I definitly feel like I got something wrong here i just dont know what it is, like you had the labels "item1" "item2" "item3" so i just replaced them with goop1 goop2 goop3 and aren't I supposed to make labels for those? take a look here is the code

Code:
[ENABLE]

alloc(newmem,$1000,goop)
alloc(goop2,8)
registersymbol(goop2)
alloc(goop3,8)
registersymbol(goop3)
alloc(goop4,8)
registersymbol(goop4)
label(code)
label(return)

newmem:
  cmp rax,3
  je goop2

cmp rax,6
  je goop3

cmp rax,9
  je goop4

jmp code

goop2:
  push rcx
  mov [goop2],rcx
  pop rcx
  jmp code

goop3:
  push rcx
  mov [goop3],rcx
  pop rcx
  jmp code

goop4:
  push rcx
  mov [goop4],rcx
  pop rcx
  jmp code

code:
  jmp return

goop:
  jmp newmem
  nop 5
return:
registersymbol(goop)

[DISABLE]

goop:

dealloc(*)
unregistersymbol(*)
unregistersymbol(goop)
unregistersymbol(goop2)
dealloc(newmem)
dealloc(goop2)

I probably got something wrong, btw I'm really appreciative of your taking the time out your day to help im really thankful and im learning alot.

update***

i pasted your exact script with no changed and it doesnt crash the game but it only gives me the value of goop2 only the rest are just question marks

update number 2*****

IM STUPID, I FIGURED IT OUTTTT HEEHEHHH THANKSSSSSS SO MUCHHHH

your such a freaking genius I would have never figured this out without you man THANK YOUU
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: