Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trouble dealing with a shared opcode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
potentialunexplored
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:24 am    Post subject: Trouble dealing with a shared opcode Reply with quote

Heya!
I've run into a small roadblock with a shared instruction, which I'd like to affect enemies & not affect me.
The usual course of action here is of course finding what addresses that instruction accesses.
Trouble is, that instruction accesses just one address! Instead, a plethora of instructions access this address and none of them were helpful so far, because again they access that same one address and I can't dissect data/structures with that Sad

I've tried break & tracing as well but that led me to some basic level opcode that seems to control way too many things to try and build script there.
Would love some help! Or just point me in the right direction, would be much appreciated!
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that instruction accesses just one address (i.e. yours), then trivially, it doesn't access any other addresses. What you're saying doesn't make sense.

Maybe you aren't doing something to make the code run? e.g. if you're looking for health and the code is only run when something gets hit, then you'll need to hit something else for the instruction to access that address.

potentialunexplored
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParkourPenguin wrote:
If that instruction accesses just one address (i.e. yours), then trivially, it doesn't access any other addresses. What you're saying doesn't make sense.

Hello, appreciate your response!

I think pictures might help me illustrate the situation better. Pic 1 you can see it finding what addresses the instruction accesses, and no matter what you do it's just one address.
In pic 2 on the other hand you can see a list of instructions that access the address, and the list keeps on growing as you do more things and interact with enemies.
And the instructions are the same in that they only access that same address

Last edited by potentialunexplored on Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see what the problem is. You're asking about a "shared opcode", by which I assume you're referring to step 9 of the CE tutorial- an instruction that accesses more than one address. But that instruction doesn't access more than one address... so what are you asking for? What does that address even do? Why is it important to you that several instructions access the same address?

Looking at that code... isn't that value a pointer to a vtable? Why would that be important to you?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: