Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Speedhack failure - help needed please!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dutton
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:27 am    Post subject: Speedhack failure - help needed please! Reply with quote

Hello!

I'm running Firefox 59.0.1 (64-bit) on Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

Up until about a month or so ago (and for years beforehand) I could use speedhack on browser-based flash games. Now? It doesn't work at all. All I get is this error message:

Failure enabling speedhack. (DLL injection failed): Unknown error during injection

I get the same with both my laptop and other PC. I also get the same error report in a newly created Windows 10 Pro virtual machine.

I don't know if this is something to do with a Firefox update or some 'security' feature that has been added recently to a recent Flash update.

Can anyone please suggest a fix for this? I've spent countless hours looking online for a solution but to no avail and I'm hoping one of the experts here can offer advice? It's pretty frustrating and any help would be greatly appreciated!
Corroder
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when the game has started (so not before) target plugin-container.exe, and then use speedhack and the other stuffs

If no plugin-container.exe, then try to downgrade firefox to 57 or older, next test speddhack there. If work, then you know it cause by firefox (speedhack not work properly).

Dutton
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corroder wrote:
when the game has started (so not before) target plugin-container.exe, and then use speedhack and the other stuffs

If no plugin-container.exe, then try to downgrade firefox to 57 or older, next test speddhack there. If work, then you know it cause by firefox (speedhack not work properly).

Thanks for replying!

It seems that an update to Firefox sometime around January was the cause. I've gone back to version 57.0.4 (64-bit) and speedhack works fine now. Obviously, I've turned off automatic updates for Firefox for the time being! Oh, I'm also using the latest version of Adobe's Flash Player (29.0.0.113). I did try downgrading that first but the problem still occurred so I'm guessing it was Firefox to blame, so to speak.

Strangely, I've just tested speedhack out on the latest version of Opera and I was getting the same problem as before so I'm guessing that it's some sort of security implementation that both browsers have added to their latest versions (not that I'm bothered about Opera, I only downloaded it to see if it was doing the same).

It'd be nice to see if, in a future update of the really rather excellent Cheat Engine, a workaround could be found for this problem? I do tend to like to keep my browsers up to date.

Once again, thanks for your help and solving my problem!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: