Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creating a trainer [issues]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crystal Bearer
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Creating a trainer [issues] Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm trying to create a trainer for Secret of Mana for Steam and I found the values in CE and they work when I double click them and alter the values, however, upon creating a trainer and launching that, they don't seem to do anything (I tried 32bit and 64bit).

I've googled it and as far as I have found, the memory changes every time the game is restarted and that's why the trainer isn't working? Well if that's what is happening, how do I make the values stick for the trainer? I've launched the tutorial and it had a tutorial, but I can't finish it because when I try to open the process for the tutorial in CE, it complains about something (goes too fast for me to see) and then doesn't work so I can't continue that step.

I then tried to apply the steps to SoM but as soon as I right click the value and select "Find out what writes to this address" and then go to my game and make a change to the value (like money), the game crashes with the debugger open but doesn't crash any other way.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks~
OldCheatEngineUser
Whateven rank

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- pointers / scripts
- veh / kernel debugger

STN wrote:
i am a sweetheart.
Crystal Bearer
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but I do not know what that means. Might I ask for a more in depth explanation please?
jeff_7214
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: you might need to make pointers if you haven't already. Reply with quote

1-Find the address for item slot 1 once more (sorry). Let's say that it's 05efCC00.
2-Go to memory viewer->view->memory regions.
3-There find the memory region that contains 05efCC00. Let's say that it's 05eE0000.
4-Note the result of item1_slot_address-region_start_address=1CC00 in this example.
5-Use the pointerscanner in address to find mode, looking for 05eE0000.
6-Restart emulator, find item slot 1 address - again. Example result: 05D9CC00
7-Subtract 1CC00 to this address, or whatever was the result at step 4.
8-In the pointerscanner, do a rescan looking for address 05D9CC00-1CC00.
9-Repeat steps 6-8 as much as needed. When you want to test a pointer, add it to your cheat table, edit its address, and add 1CC00 to the value in box just below "Pointer". Do NOT click on "Add offset".

this was posted to me long time back when i was making one for FF7 by Gniarf.

you can read read the post for more info if needed just click here>> (or copy paste it) >>> http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5465644&sid=a015e78f58b6d109a6e17a34ebab2021

Crystal Bearer
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm not using an emulator. I'm using the official release of the Secret of Mana on Steam, the remake. Sad

However, I seemed to figure the problem and fixed it. I then switched to VEH (took me forever to figure what that meant and then forever more to figure out how to get it to work (had to switch to it without having CE attached to something)) and then I went through the process of finding the addresses, finding what wrote to it, exiting out of the game without closing CE, reopening the game, refinding the value etc etc. It took a while and I found the values I'm pretty sure because only one or two things showed up.

So I changed the value to 999 for HP/MP and 9999 for GP (gold) and then created the trainer and exited out of CE to test it. And while it technically worked, it didn't work exactly. It just froze current values instead of setting them to what I set it. For example, in game I had 7540 GP. Instead of the trainer setting it to 9999 as I wanted, it just froze it at 7540.

I have made sure that when I am saving the trainer, I save as .exe with the VEH option. I went in and tried the steps all three more times but the results kept turning out the same. I've been stuck since.

So, how exactly do I set the value for the trainer instead of just freezing it? I thought you set the value by double clicking it to change the value and then pressing the check mark to make the X but apparently I'm wrong? Confused

Thanks,
TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The X (activation mark) for an address will freeze the value. Just uncheck it. There are also options for freezing with increase allowed or with decrease allowed. If you right click it you should see these options in the popup menu.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: