Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I use the debug_onModuleLoad() function?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
movss
Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:05 am    Post subject: How do I use the debug_onModuleLoad() function? Reply with quote

beloved from main.lua
----------
function debugger_onModuleLoad(modulename, baseaddress) :
this routine is called when a module is loaded. Only works for the windows debugger
return 1 if you want to cause the debugger to break
----------
How do I get the value of baseaddress with lua ?
i was so confused about this

help,pls
FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not something I've played with before, so I played with it (in CE 6.7).

Code:
-- function to run when attaching to a process
function onOpenProcess(pid)
  print('attached to', pid)
  -- create function to print stuff
  local firstRun = true
  function debugger_onModuleLoad(modulename, baseaddress)
    if firstRun then
      firstRun = false
      for k,v in pairs(enumModules(pid)) do
        print(k,v.Name, tostring(v.Is64Bit), v.PathToFile, v.Address, ('%X'):format(v.Address))
      end
    end
    -- in x64 this seems to be a light userdata object (a C pointer) but in x86 a regular number...
    local straddress = type(baseaddress) == 'userdata' and tostring(baseaddress):match('userdata: (%x+)') or ('%X'):format(baseaddress)
    print('new module:', modulename, baseaddress, straddress, type(baseaddress))
    return 0 -- 1 to break
  end
end

Run that and then attach to the tutorial, attach the debugger and click the close button, or simply create the Tutorial process from the file and you'll get prints like this and this, respectively, though make sure you check the memory viewer and click run if it's stopped. There'll be a long delay on the create method, I think that's due to the debugger failing to attach and waiting 10 seconds before launching a messagebox asking if it should try again and letting everything else continue but it works as expected regardless so...

Now in the first you'll notice "xmllite.dll" (apparently an xml parser) listed several times... no idea why but when you click the close button xmllite is loaded and then removed from memory (very quickly, before the message box is even handled) lol. This is why I said to click the close button when attaching to an existing tutorial process, because I know it always causes onModuleLoad to run which is what spews out all the module info (only the first time it runs)

In the second you'll notice something a bit strange, it says "userdata" after, nearly, everything... This one was done with the x64 process intead of the i386 and I'm not entirely sure why but the way CE passes the base address to a lua function causes it to pass a "light userdata" object (which is just a wrapper around a C pointer) if it's greater than 0xFFFFFFFF (the max value of a 4 byte int).

Actually I just remembered a better way to get the address from that lol, if type(baseaddress) == 'userdata' then baseaddress = userDataToInteger(baseaddress) end and then it can just be formatted as a hex string the same way it was in enumModules. eg.
Code:
    -- if the address > 0xFFFFFFFF then CE passes light userdata object (a C pointer)... deal with that
    if type(baseaddress) == 'userdata' then baseaddress = userDataToInteger(baseaddress) end
    print('new module:', modulename, baseaddress, ('%X'):format(baseaddress))
movss
Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tks very much
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: