Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cannot find elusive permanent pointer for address

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geltor
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Cannot find elusive permanent pointer for address Reply with quote

Hello,

I have been using CE for many years now sporadically. Whenever I have an address for whichever value I want, I pointer scan it to get the list of possible permanent pointers that will remain static upon each game restart.

This time, however, I got an address for the value I need (a cryptic value that controls the way sprites are layered in the game, completely meaningless. The only way to get the value you want is by comparing between 2 states) and then I run a pointer scan to get many addresses. The problem is that none of the pointers I get point to my original address upon re-scan.

I've read that you have to either increase the level, let the scan run longer, allow for a larger offset, etc etc etc... all of which I've done to get the same result.

I have also tried to see what writes to that address, but I encountered another problem: the address, seemingly, is being written as part of a large loop which controls other things, so I cannot inject any code there (at least I don't know how to do this).

Any help I can get is appreciated, I really am at wit's end here.
OldCheatEngineUser
Whateven rank

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

take a look at this
if its a shared instruction, then you might need to compare first.

STN wrote:
i am a sweetheart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: