Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CE and Firefox 58

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeoMustain
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: CE and Firefox 58 Reply with quote

CE worked perfectly with speedhack on flash plugin in Forefox. But on recent Firefox update to v58, CE cannot enable speedhack. Error screen attached.

Untitled.jpg
 Description:
Screenshot of error.
 Filesize:  17.18 KB
 Viewed:  23704 Time(s)

Untitled.jpg

KERSSEY
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject: CE AND FIREFOX 58.0 Reply with quote

Yes, with the new update in FIREFOX to 58.0 CHEAT ENGINE fail. I have checked from the version 6.4 to 6.7 and it is the same. Apart from returning to the last version of FIREFOX, 57.0.4 I do not know how to solve the problem. I have seen that in Chrome was partially solved with an file "forceinjection" but I have tried it for FIREFOX and it does not work. So, please, anyone can inform us about this matter???
Thanks in advance.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrome has -no-sandbox , perhaps firefox has something similar.

if not, get chrome or just get an older version of firefox

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
KERSSEY
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:12 am    Post subject: ABOUT SANDBOX Reply with quote

In FIREFOX 56 there was not sandbox, and it was added in FIREFOX 57 and CE worked perfect....., but in verision 58 CE does not work. By the way, in FIREFOX 57 and 58 you have to attack the PLUGIN CONTAINER.

Nevertheless in Chrome, I have added the forcedinjection fiile and it works partially because in the case of SPPEDHACK, the action is not really good because you can delay the speed but it is not continuos.

I do not know if it is possible to solve it in the FIREFOX 58, adding some patches or making some changes in the FIREFOX or CE.

Of course you can solve it returning to FIREFOX 57 and changing the option to not allow the automatically update, but it can be a solution in the short time, but for long time, it would be better to get a solution for the new version; that is to say: 58 or newest.

Best regards friends
TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KERSSEY wrote:
... it would be better to get a solution for the new version; that is to say: 58 or newest...

You could find the sand box and disable it with some script(s) for now.

Unless it's a, "if the button doesn't work then that's all I can do" kinda thing.

How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for time being I am using portable Forefox 57.04 disabling updates. Seems to work. But a permanent solution would be nice.
KERSSEY
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: NEO SOLUTION AND QUESTION FOR ALL Reply with quote

The last days, I have been checking all this matter and, really it is not a problem with the plugin-container, really I think it is a problem with any security patche.
Nevertheless friend Neo, with the portable versión is good, but I think it is a good option creating a new profile for Firefox (apart from the regular profile in the usual and updated to 58 version). You create it and you create a lander for the version 57.0.4. So you have no problem with both versión in the computer, but only I think there is a problem with the Maintenance Service for the updates, because the usual versión 58.0.1 is the newest you have to config for automatic updates, but the oldest version 57, you cannot allow it for updates. So at this moment I do not know if it would be good to unistall the maintenance service for firefox or on the contrary is not neccesary. Please anyone can help with this matter???
Thanks in advance,
KERSSEY
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject: SOLVED Reply with quote

Hi friends, finally I have solved the matter in question in the next way:
1.- Create a new profile in Firefox.
2.- Install the old version (I have installed 57.0.4).
3.- Make the installation personalized and two matters in a new directory (different to the main version):
a.- Not install, lander in the desktop.
b.- Not run the Firefox option before finish.
4.- Create a new lander in the desktop including the new profile and the new path for bronswer.
5.- Once you run the first time, go to OPTIONS and select not automatic updates.
And all it will be done.
But it would be better, if it is possible to find a solution in the current version of Firefox; that is to say 58.0.1
Best regards friends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: