Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Find out what [accesses/writes to] this address - empty

View previous topic :: View next topic  
QuickFire123
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject: Find out what [accesses/writes to] this address - empty Reply with quote

I have been working on this for 2 days now. I am trying to create a memory reader that I can use to gather game statistics, not a trainer, merely just reads information from games (android based, using an emulator such as Nox/Bluestacks). Currently working with Nox, and I attach to the NoxVMHandle.exe process and search for the information I am looking for within the game (simple stuff currently like energy / gold / etc), and can find it very easily in the games I have worked on.

Now the problem I am running into is the stage where I need to find the pointer/offsets. (I have watched many tutorials on pointer scanning, AOB, and even one on injection, and they all start with using 'Find out what accesses this address'. Every game I try in the Nox emulator just gives:

(see attached Find Out What Accesses This Address)

Now it is easy enough for me to find the values in memory, but I really need to get the pointers and offsets for the stats gathering stuff I am working on in C#.

I have gone through many posts on this site and tried different settings to see if I could get it to work with no luck.

Currently my settings look like this (but as noted I have tried many variations from comments in posts on this site, and many I really have no idea what they even do yet):

Debugger Options:
(Notably I have increased the 'size of stack to record' to upwards of 32768 and debugger method to 'user kernelmode debugger' as well with no better results.)
(See attached Debugger Options)

Extra:
(I have had these options on and off in every combination and no better results.)
(See attached Extras)

Scan Settings:
(See attached Scan Settings)

And when I do pointer scans I don't get any results until I ramp up the Maximum offset value to greater than 32767 and Max level to over 20. Even with those settings, the results are less than 5000, and a reboot and second scan results in 0 every time. I have gone higher with the offset and levels to get results in the millions and still the second scan produces nothing.

So that being said, I am at a loss here, my current method of data gathering is essentially screen scraping, image preprocessing and OCR to get the same information (slow, and limited reliability) that I could be getting straight from memory (super quick memory reads) if I could get this figured out.

I should note, that I am using CheatEngine 6.7 (latest as of a couple days ago anyhow), and the Nox Player is 64bit.

I feel like this has something to do with everything being processed inside the VM (that isn't visible) and written to the memory. I just want to be able to read the memory, I don't care about the underlying android platform that is modifying the data (if that makes sense).

/Peace

scansettings.JPG
 Description:
Scan Settings
 Filesize:  47.79 KB
 Viewed:  11795 Time(s)

scansettings.JPG

extra.JPG
 Description:
Extras
 Filesize:  20.79 KB

extra.JPG

FindOutWhatAccessesThisAddress.JPG
 Description:
Find Out What Accesses This Address
 Filesize:  24.12 KB

FindOutWhatAccessesThisAddress.JPG

DebuggerOptions.JPG
 Description:
Debugger Options
 Filesize:  49.27 KB

DebuggerOptions.JPG

QuickFire123
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: ** UPDATE ** CE Server Reply with quote

Just an update, I did go through a few more posts and some notes on CE Server on the Android side. I am able to get results from 'Find out what...'. That said, (and I am in the process of testing this theory), they will have no correlation to the windows side and I will not be able to use the pointer information without attaching every time (the application is restarted / computer is rebooted) to CE Server to read those pointers.

If my theory is correct, can anyone explain how to go about getting the necessary pointers and offsets *without* connecting to CE server. As noted above, I only want to be able to read the values, not write to them.

I suspect though that this is not going to be possible without the use of CE Server to connect to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: