Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Setup for installing 6.7 not loading?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ioannes
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Setup for installing 6.7 not loading? Reply with quote

I'm attempting to get the newest version (6.7 on the website), but I can't figure this one error out.

I open the setup file ("CheatEngine67") and it opens a "Setup" window, but that window fails to do anything and it cannot be closed normally (have to open the task manager and end the process by force).

I don't get any sort of error message or anything. It simply does not load/affect anything. My antivirus is also completely silent through and through, I have no firewall and I'm using Windows 8.

Here's the window "open":
toyotajon93
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Install issues Reply with quote

I am having the same issue, I launch the exe to setup and it deletes itself. I tried disabling anti-virus too and still same thing. Weird. RUnning windows 10
atom0s

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleting itself sounds like your AV is still working and causing it to be removed. Don't forget about Windows Defender too, not just any additional AV you have installed yourself.
Ioannes
Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atom0s wrote:
Deleting itself sounds like your AV is still working and causing it to be removed. Don't forget about Windows Defender too, not just any additional AV you have installed yourself.

In my case, it doesn't delete itself. The setup files are still sitting on the downloads, they just won't properly load.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reboot and try again. If that fails, disable or remove your AV and try again. Check to make sure that you do not have your desktop extended to a display that is turned off. Press alt+tab to cycle through windows to see if it pops up that way.

If all of that fails, try running the installer as Admin and/or in safe mode (AV turned off or removed).

If all of that fails, you may have a local issue that needs to be addressed. You can try running the no-install version from the main download page.

Do not trust that your AV is actually turned off.
Ioannes
Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:
Reboot and try again. If that fails, disable or remove your AV and try again. Check to make sure that you do not have your desktop extended to a display that is turned off. Press alt+tab to cycle through windows to see if it pops up that way.

If all of that fails, try running the installer as Admin and/or in safe mode (AV turned off or removed).

If all of that fails, you may have a local issue that needs to be addressed. You can try running the no-install version from the main download page.

Do not trust that your AV is actually turned off.

(extra info: my AV is avg free)

Rebooting: Tried, no avail. Sad
Disabling AV: Also tried. It never ever actually complained about CE, and I've had it on exceptions for long. Disabling also amounts to nothing.
Alt-tabbing: Tired everytime, no results. It simply can't switch to that window, and when I mouse over it (on Windows 8, mousing over a window shows a thumbnail), it's an empty white square.
Running as Admin: The first thing I tried after the first failure, also not working somehow.

As for the no-install version - I'll give that a check right now. Will update post with result.
EDIT: Can't find it on the main page. Got a link?
EDIT2: ...My attention spam beat me again. Found the link, downloaded and it works like a charm - now to delete the old CE6.6. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: