Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oh my, whats this??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magellenproject
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Oh my, whats this?? Reply with quote

Apparently...I cant find any of the AOB's that are used in the script of DarkHook when I Manually scan for them ???

before...or...even after I activate the dark hook script...

Thats not even getting to the point where i tell you the pointer-scanner
cant do JACK for Thief 2!!
???
This just makes my brain feel like its being sucked out by a straw.
Can someone please tell me (before i have a brain hemorrhage how CE manages to do what has the same(in equivalent likelihood) as my computer waking me up in the night and telling me its self-aware, sentient, doesn't like me, and is moving out because it doesn't want me as a room-mate anymore.

Guys, please teach me how to be a Geek!
I mean that in a nice way!
Okay.
Very Happy
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't find the aobs, its most likely the game has updated.

What or who is DarkHook ?

atom0s

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkHook is something SunBeam and I created a long while ago.

Make sure that when you are scanning you have not already injected DarkHook otherwise the AoBs are more than likely going to be altered already. Also when scanning you may have to tick the checkbox in CE for 'Writeable' so it is a square and not a check.

magellenproject
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: No...And No..And No....But atmos your Script is amazing :) Reply with quote

STN wrote:
If you can't find the aobs, its most likely the game has updated.

What or who is DarkHook ?

I strongly doubt it has anything to do with an update. I am running the latest version that I got off of GOG.com
I got Thief 2 of GOG.COM and its the latest (newdark) version. If the game had updated the script would not work. The script does work. What i cant make work and why its all the more hard for me to fathom, is that I cannot search for the AOB's in at0s's script. Either before I enable his (and co-coders) script, or after.

Darkhook is a ?code-injection? script that does some pretty amazing things that i could not even come close to replicating myself. The point i was trying to make was that I can not scan for the AOB's.
I'll try to elaborate as verbosely and/or carefully as possible. Sad Sad

1. I attach CE to Thief 2 I scan for the AOB's in the [enable] part of the script (I now know atm0s made, I love your work)
I go in game, the scripts works fine. All of it. I can Godmode, Noclip, Playersonly etc etc. But I cant search, at any point for the AOB's he used to get the whole thing work.
The script can use the AOB's but i cant.
??
As atm0s(the creator) is present, Very Happy Wink I will assume I can reproduce the AOBS' present in the script i was trying to scan for. (now, hopefully) without anyone getting upset. *SIGH* ((Thats not meant as sarcasm.))
I don't know how copyrights work on CE scripts
As a separate question(please answer) are there copyrights-on-CE-scripts?.

Anyhoo..without further adoo..

Code:

[ENABLE]

aobscan( DarkMessage_AOB, 8B4C2404688813000033C0E8????????59C3 ) //
label( DarkMessage )
registersymbol( DarkMessage )
DarkMessage_AOB:
DarkMessage:

aobscan( _malloc_AOB, 88185BC38BC38D50018D49008A084084C9 ) // It works although I cant search for it.
label( _malloc )
registersymbol( _malloc )
_malloc_AOB-14:
_malloc:

aobscan( _config_table_AOB, 8D040950BE????????E8 ) // It works although I cant search for it.
label( _config_table )
registersymbol( _config_table )
[_config_table_AOB+5]:
_config_table:

aobscan( _hash_set_AOB, 6BC06499F7F983EC085683F850 ) // It works although I cant search for it.
label( _hash_set )
registersymbol( _hash_set )
_hash_set_AOB-B:
_hash_set:

aobscan( _hash_delete_AOB, 83C404C6040A0133C059C3 ) // It works although I cant search for it.
label( _hash_delete )
registersymbol( _hash_delete )
_hash_delete_AOB-2A:
_hash_delete:

aobscan( _PhysSetGravity_AOB, D944242C51D950148BC3D91C24 ) // It works although I cant search for it.
label( _PhysSetGravity )
registersymbol( _PhysSetGravity )
_PhysSetGravity_AOB-27:
_PhysSetGravity:

aobscan( _PhysSetBaseFriction_AOB, 8B44241485C074??8B0085C075??538D742414 ) // It works although I cant search for it.

label( _PhysSetBaseFriction )
registersymbol( _PhysSetBaseFriction )
_PhysSetBaseFriction_AOB-19:
_PhysSetBaseFriction:

aobscan( _gPlayerObj_AOB, 8B4C24048B41088B1083C11051508B4268 ) // It works although I cant search for it.
label( _gPlayerObj )
registersymbol( _gPlayerObj )
[_gPlayerObj_AOB+19]:
_gPlayerObj:

aobscan( _gItemTimeout_AOB, 392D????????74??A1????????83F8FF ) // It works although I cant search for it.
label( _gItemTimeout )
registersymbol( _gItemTimeout )
[_gItemTimeout_AOB+2]:
_gItemTimeout:

aobscan( AddRemoveSpeedScale_AOB, D94424108B44240883EC08D95C2404D9442414D91C2450 ) // It works although I cant search for it.
label( _AddSpeedScale )
registersymbol( _AddSpeedScale )
AddRemoveSpeedScale_AOB:
_AddSpeedScale:
label( _RemoveSpeedScale )
registersymbol( _RemoveSpeedScale )
AddRemoveSpeedScale_AOB+20:
_RemoveSpeedScale:

aobscan( _g_PlyrStruct_AOB, DCCADECADED9DFE0F6C405 ) // It works although I cant search for it.
label( _g_PlyrStructPtr )
registersymbol( _g_PlyrStructPtr )
[_g_PlyrStruct_AOB+20]:
_g_PlyrStructPtr:

aobscan( g_pAIManager_AOB, C74424180B0000008B4E3833DB891D????????3BCB ) // It works although I cant search for it.
label( g_pAIManager )
registersymbol( g_pAIManager )
[g_pAIManager_AOB+F]:
g_pAIManager:

aobscan( _g_pAIModeProperty_AOB, 83FF0175??A1????????8B088D542414528B54242C52508B4150C744242003000000 ) // It works although I cant search for it.
label( _g_pAIModeProperty )
registersymbol( _g_pAIModeProperty )
[_g_pAIModeProperty_AOB+6]:
_g_pAIModeProperty:

aobscan( _g_pPlayerInventory_AOB, 8B5C243883C4043BFD74??3BDD0F84????????A1????????8B088B513050FFD285C0 ) // It works although I cant search for it.
label( _g_pPlayerInventory )
registersymbol( _g_pPlayerInventory )
[_g_pPlayerInventory_AOB+14]:
_g_pPlayerInventory:

aobscan( _pFrobInfoProp_AOB, 8B4150FFD085C074??8B4C24088B1183E201 ) // It although works I cant search for it.
label( _pFrobInfoProp )
registersymbol( _pFrobInfoProp )
[_pFrobInfoProp_AOB-D]:
_pFrobInfoProp:

aobscan( _gStackCountProp_AOB, 33C08B750883C6F856 ) // It works although I cant search for it.
label( _gStackCountProp )
registersymbol( _gStackCountProp )
[_gStackCountProp_AOB+A]:
_gStackCountProp:

aobscan( _HitPoints_AOB, 33F68B068B481056FFD18B16 ) // It works although I cant search for it.
label( _ObjSetHitPoints )
registersymbol( _ObjSetHitPoints )
_HitPoints_AOB+CD:
_ObjSetHitPoints:
label( _ObjGetMaxHitPoints )
registersymbol( _ObjGetMaxHitPoints )
_HitPoints_AOB+12D:
_ObjGetMaxHitPoints:

.....the code continues on some....>>>

If I scan for/After I have scanned for *those* AOB's; immediately after I have attached to the process, nothing comes up in the search results.
Also if I search for *those* AOB's, after enabled the scripts i cant find them either.
I know STN said not to do that but I did that before I read STN's post telling me not to.

atom0s wrote:

Make sure that when you are scanning you have not already injected DarkHook otherwise the AoBs are more than likely going to be altered already. Also when scanning you may have to tick the checkbox in CE for 'Writeable' so it is a square and not a check.

Your have superhuman coding skills. Kudos. In context to the problems i am having I am especially impressed with your script. I know I wouldn't be able to make anything near as clever as darkhook at this stage.Very Happy
Again...
Not meant as sarcasm. The point i was making in that comment, was that your script IS SO clever; that somehow, it can search for AOB's that my copy of CE shrugs its shoulders, turns round to me and says F*** knows at.

{The next part here isn't even uneccessary ramble, i'm just letting you know I have a CE problem that it hurts my mind to even think about}>>

it somehow it uses those same AOB's to search for what it needs to alter in the game....CE searches for AOB's that it CAN NOT search for and yet it at the same time CAN search for them...because it HAS..but in reality...HAS NOT....because i cant search for them...but i should be able to search for them if they are there....and they must be there...to be used...I didn't eat a NO-EGG i ate and EGG.. ..And its not like LOGIC is breaking down at this point....And now my brain has exploded.......

Read Above.... :
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid question, but are you scanning through all types of memory regions? (not just writable)
Also make sure MEM_PRIVATE and MEM_IMAGE are still checked in the scan settings.

I highly doubt anyone will take legal action against you for copying a small table/trainer. In fact, I'd encourage analyzing other people's work so long as you're doing it for educational purposes. If you release someone else's work as your own, however, you're an asshole and people will remember it.

atom0s

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

I wouldn't say I'm the creator, just helped Sunbeam back when he made the original C++ version. I wrote most of the C++ hook for him. He's since ported it to a CE script, which I had nothing to do with.
ulysse31
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: No...And No..And No....But atmos your Script is amazing Reply with quote

magellenproject wrote:

You say often that you can't search, but you probably mean that you can't find , because you can search anything, finding should be where you get stuck.

Am gonna take a wild guess here but wouldn't it be possible that the reason you cannot use the script's AOBscans is that you first activate the script which hooks the functions at which aobscan results points (thus changing the signature, making further aobscans fail) ?
magellenproject
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:14 am    Post subject: Yes I did. Reply with quote

ParkourPenguin wrote:
Stupid question, but are you scanning through all types of memory regions? (not just writable)
Also make sure MEM_PRIVATE and MEM_IMAGE are still checked in the scan settings.

I highly doubt anyone will take legal action against you for copying a small table/trainer. In fact, I'd encourage analyzing other people's work so long as you're doing it for educational purposes. If you release someone else's work as your own, however, you're an asshole and people will remember it.

Yes, Parkourpenguin I have already tried that. :-/

ulysse31 wrote:
magellenproject wrote:

You say often that you can't search, but you probably mean that you can't find , because you can search anything, finding should be where you get stuck.

Am gonna take a wild guess here but wouldn't it be possible that the reason you cannot use the script's AOBscans is that you first activate the script which hooks the functions at which aobscan results points (thus changing the signature, making further aobscans fail) ?

Your asking what atm0s has already asked in a slightly rephrased way now aren't you??

See(I've highlighted the part):
Quote:
ulysse31
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Yes I did. Reply with quote

magellenproject wrote:

ulysse31 wrote:
magellenproject wrote:

Your asking what atm0s has already asked in a slightly rephrased way now aren't you??

You're right, I had overlooked the post, apologies

Edit : felt bad about it so downloaded and isntalled latest version i could find (it's said to be newdark 1.23 patched).
AOB scans failed until i allowed copyonwrite option.
Then for me they all worked (even if all options are checked)
Screen for scan settings : http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=381473thief2scan.png
(make sure its neither unchecked neither checked : partially checked will leave all options open)

Last edited by ulysse31 on Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:00 am; edited 4 times in total
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: No...And No..And No....But atmos your Script is amazing Reply with quote

magellenproject wrote:

If I scan for/After I have scanned for *those* AOB's; immediately after I have attached to the process, nothing comes up in the search results.
Also if I search for *those* AOB's, after enabled the scripts i cant find them either.
I know STN said not to do that but I did that before I read STN's post telling me not to.

When did i say that? Shocked

Anyway, right click where it says Writeable and choose Scan all memory.

The script doesn't do anything magical that ce search can't, youre doing something wrong

magellenproject
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: No...And No..And No....But atmos your Script is amazing Reply with quote

STN wrote:
magellenproject wrote:

When did i say that? Shocked

Anyway, right click where it says Writeable and choose Scan all memory.

The script doesn't do anything magical that ce search can't, youre doing something wrong

Are you being Serious? Sad
I've Tried that already?!
I even mentioned that i tried that already!
Do i have to keep repeating myself?
Surprised
Its enabled by default on CE?!
Rolling Eyes
I've Tried that already(because its enable by default CE SHIPS with it enabled by default. Surprised Sad I have tried everything, you have, and everything everyone else has said already.
And about your glib unhelpful remark about my CE doing "something kind of magical" i kind of resent the way that comes across frankly.

With the greatest respect, are you trying to troll me or something STN?

My computer might be "." less vanilla "." than all yours maybe.

I'm assuimg all your computers look and operate like this(obviously without the twin chrome exhaust and and 24V fuel injection)

....If this is what is now meant as "." vanila "."

Whereas you see my computer is this kind of "." Vanilla "." :

My "."___"." Computer "."___"." Looks like a "."___"." computer"."___"."
not a blender.

I had assumed it worked like one to.

Last edited by magellenproject on Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We aren't trolling but that's the simplest explanation.

It does come on by default (the writable part) but you have to make gray so it doesn't care. Preset:Scan all memory does that.

How your PC looks or is built has nothing to do with this

magellenproject
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: ORLY? Reply with quote

STN wrote:
We aren't trolling but that's the simplest explanation.

It does come on by default (the writable part) but you have to make gray so it doesn't care. Preset:Scan all memory does that.

How your PC looks or is built has nothing to do with this

Thanks for replying.
Question

So to correct my ignorance here(If i may ask for it) a PC that looks like some kind of water-pumping machine, that they install at Six Flags, wont run CE any different from my computer which also doubles as a computer?
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may be some differences depending on what processor you have (e.g. ultimap V2, dbvm), but that shouldn't affect scanning at all.

Also, I'm fairly certain CE does not have scanning through all memory enabled by default. Just to make certain, I'll elaborate on the memory protection settings further.

There are three checkboxes in the memory scan options under the scan type and value type in the main window: "Writable", "Executable", and "CopyOnWrite". When these checkboxes are checked, CE will only look at memory that has those memory protections enabled. When they are not checked, CE will exclude memory that has those memory protections enabled. When grey, CE doesn't care and will look at anything. You want all of them to be grey when scanning for AoBs.

magellenproject
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParkourPenguin wrote:
There may be some differences depending on what processor you have (e.g. ultimap V2, dbvm), but that shouldn't affect scanning at all.

Also, I'm fairly certain CE does not have scanning through all memory enabled by default. Just to make certain, I'll elaborate on the memory protection settings further.

There are three checkboxes in the memory scan options under the scan type and value type in the main window: "Writable", "Executable", and "CopyOnWrite". When these checkboxes are checked, CE will only look at memory that has those memory protections enabled. When they are not checked, CE will exclude memory that has those memory protections enabled. When grey, CE doesn't care and will look at anything. You want all of them to be grey when scanning for AoBs.

That fixed it yes. At last. Smile
After square block filling the Writable; Executable; CopyOnWrite; MEM_IMAGE MEM_PRIVATE And MEM_MAPPED i was finally able to scan for the 3 AOB's that i tried to scan for. I will have to scan for the others, but I suspect your suggestion may have done the trick. Smile

Thank-you. Smile

It still doesn't change the fact that you at0s are practically a GOD for being able to "code-the-C++- for-the-original-program-that-got made-into"

.....this script
Sorry in advance for offending any christians by that comment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: