Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How does one use the Unrandomizer?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davethewave_83
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject: How does one use the Unrandomizer? Reply with quote

It seems this is innate knowledge bestowed upon everyone at birth, unfortunately I lack the understanding. Could someone link me to a tutorial on how to use the unrandomizer, what it does exactly and why someone would use it? I've been searching but can only find vague and unclear information.

Thanks a bunch

++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From CE help file:
Quote:
The unrandomizer is a feature designed to replace certain routines commonly used in games to produce random values. At a very simple level then, for an example, there may be a game that uses a randomizer routine to decide on a player's turn. Enabling the unrandomizer would then cause CE to try and stop this random occurrence, and try to fix the outcome (for example to force a particular players turn).

The unrandomizer won't work in all cases. It will only handle routines that it knows about. In most cases and for most users, this will not be used, as it's more of an advanced/experimental feature.

Other than that, I've never used it or even had a need to use it.
davethewave_83
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:
From CE help file:
Quote:
The unrandomizer is a feature designed to replace certain routines commonly used in games to produce random values. At a very simple level then, for an example, there may be a game that uses a randomizer routine to decide on a player's turn. Enabling the unrandomizer would then cause CE to try and stop this random occurrence, and try to fix the outcome (for example to force a particular players turn).

The unrandomizer won't work in all cases. It will only handle routines that it knows about. In most cases and for most users, this will not be used, as it's more of an advanced/experimental feature.

Other than that, I've never used it or even had a need to use it.

That is the extent of what I can find as well.

Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it can help change droprates and the type of items you get in some games. (or make it predictable)
But you need to mess with the unrandomizer settings for the best effect

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my basic understanding many games use common random number generators (like rand in C/C++), and CE's un-randomizer hooks/modifies those common functions so that instead of running the normal code and returning a random value they instead return a value set in the settings->Unrandomizer options or return a number that increments each time the/a(?) random function is called.

Thus, if a game has something like:

if(entity.health < 0)
{
dropLoot(entity.position, entity.lootTable[rand() % entity.maxLootItems]);
}

the rand() function would always return some specific value, say 0, thus making that entity always drop the first item in it's loot table (or if set to an incremental value it would drop the first item, then the next kill would drop the second item, etc.)

Do correct me if I'm wrong on anything.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup. that's how it works

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
davethewave_83
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I see, thanks for clearing it up for me.
DirtG
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so let me get this right i click the unrandomizer and set a number i would like. say a drop rate was maybe set to always be 20 i set it to 100 with the unrandomizer im assumeing
cooleko
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtG wrote:
ok so let me get this right i click the unrandomizer and set a number i would like. say a drop rate was maybe set to always be 20 i set it to 100 with the unrandomizer im assumeing

No, The game logic may be expecting a random number from 1-100, if value is 1-99, regular drops are given, 100 rare drop is given (1%) could be 1-1000 for further precision.

If you change the randomizer to always return 0, you will never get the rare drop; change it to 100, still never get the drop; change it to 1000 and get the drop.

Or, the game has logic that says I have 7 items, tell me which drops. 1-7, you return 10 and the game crashes.

What the unrandomizer does is replaces the random function with your desired response, but it doesnt change the game's handling of the value.

Of course, if the game using 5 random calls and applies its own random algorithm to it, using the unrandomizer could have no meaningful results because the game still uses its own convoluted procedure to ensure randomness.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: