Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hack javascript?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evyatar
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject: Hack javascript? Reply with quote

Hi guys!
There's some dating site that's uses 'javascript' time (I'm pretty sure, I don't know mucha about siteing)

This is how this site works:
If you want to send messge to some woman, you got to answer some random question about my country (yep, forigen site). I can answer these questions, but I've got no time to do it...
SO...
I wanted to ask, if there's some way to "stop" the timer? like freeze it?

I've asked around the web, and I've got to answers:
1. I should try firebug (I'm currently using firefox, but if needed, I'll use another browser)
2. I should try hack with cheat engine and learn 'random' vaules..

About 2: I've tryied the noob guied and got to step 3! that's all Razz

Any ways, I know how to use cheat engine pretty good when it's static numbers, but this one is really fast... Like, I got to 'hack it' and I just don't know how to.

If someone could please help me with that, I'll be glad!!!

*tired to post the url, but I can't do that yet since It's my first post I guess

Thank you and have a great day!
Redouane
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Hack javascript? Reply with quote

Evyatar wrote:
Hi guys!
There's some dating site that's uses 'javascript' time (I'm pretty sure, I don't know mucha about siteing)

If you want to send messge to some woman, you got to answer some random question about my country (yep, forigen site). I can answer these questions, but I've got no time to do it...
SO...

1. I should try firebug (I'm currently using firefox, but if needed, I'll use another browser)

Any ways, I know how to use cheat engine pretty good when it's static numbers, but this one is really fast... Like, I got to 'hack it' and I just don't know how to.

*tired to post the url, but I can't do that yet since It's my first post I guess

That depends on how the timer works, if it makes synchronizations with a web server, then it might be impossible to hack it, if it's entirely client-sided, then it's hackable.

Maybe try checking out the js files on that page (with the browser debugger), you might find out if it's client/server sided, the counter is probably inside an anonymous function, so the best way to modify it (as far as I know) is to use cheat engine and keep making increased/unchanged value scans (It'll also be interesting to pause the browser with Cheat Engine (code list then pause), wait a bit, unpause it, and see how the timer will behave);
Evyatar
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Hack javascript? Reply with quote

Redouane wrote:
Evyatar wrote:
Hi guys!

SO...

That depends on how the timer works, if it makes synchronizations with a web server, then it might be impossible to hack it, if it's entirely client-sided, then it's hackable.

Maybe try checking out the js files on that page (with the browser debugger), you might find out if it's client/server sided, the counter is probably inside an anonymous function, so the best way to modify it (as far as I know) is to use cheat engine and keep making increased/unchanged value scans (It'll also be interesting to pause the browser with Cheat Engine (code list then pause), wait a bit, unpause it, and see how the timer will behave);

Could you please tell me how do I do it?
Sorry, I really am noob.
Crying or Very sad
Redouane
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try disconnecting from the internet while playing, and see if you can still play, if you can, then it's client-sided, if not, then give up.

As for the value scanning, scan for unknown initial value (most likely as integer (2/4bytes)), then keep doing increased value rescans, and sometimes less than x or greater than x (for example, if you know that the timer (in seconds) is less than 50s (or 100s) then you can use that information to filter the results.

As for Javascript inspecting, you'll need to know Javascript, press CTRL + MAJ + S to open the debugger in your browser.
Darkness250
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try looking for javascript timer functions then. Just look at javascript code and sarch for setInterval etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: