Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wanna find the stance switch value

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drtrade
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject: Wanna find the stance switch value Reply with quote

Hello guys,

I still have some little problems understanding some important things. So I know what floats and int are and how big they are and they take bits and shit.

But for example in DS3 I am looking for the value that decides if I either hold my weapon twohanded or onehanded how do I decide if they programer made this with an int or a float(I know unlikely) or like a Byte so I know what I have to search for ?

And secondly how would I find it, apart from not knowing the type I can only search for a unknow init value which changes when I switch manually between them but wouldn't that like keep at least +1000 addresses? any way to filter them more?

thanks
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanna find the stance switch value Reply with quote

drtrade wrote:
how do I decide if they programer made this with an int or a float(I know unlikely) or like a Byte so I know what I have to search for ?
-You don't. You just have to guess or include them all in your searches. You get better with experience.

drtrade wrote:
And secondly how would I find it, apart from not knowing the type I can only search for a unknow init value which changes when I switch manually between them but wouldn't that like keep at least +1000 addresses? any way to filter them more?
-You can try using increased/decreased instead of changed/unchanged...but you may or may not get it right your first time.

There are some things that you can do to filter out more addresses, but you may still end up with quite a lot left over. You'll just have to grind through them.

If you're impatient, you can batch-edit multiple values at a time to speed up the process, however, this approach comes with a higher risk of crashing the target. Sometimes, freezing the value instead of changing it can help to reduce crashing.

The other approach would be to edit the values individually. I would reserve this method for a worst-case scenario after you have exhausted all efforts for finding your targeted value. By changing each value, one-by-one, you can reduce the risk for crashing the target by editing each value to its previous state and reverting back. Doing this, allows you to set a value that you know is acceptable and potentially safe.

If you're going to search using a boolean of 1/0 for true/false, you'll probably want to search using byte type. It's a pain, but sometimes necessary.

As far as different things you can do to filter out more, unnecessary addresses, you just have to be creative. Perform scans after bringing up a menu or while rotating the camera etc.. Set up hotkeys for various scans and use a gaming controller to simplify the process. Change all of your interval settings to 1ms.

Instead of searching for the value using traditional methods, you can also look at common data structures for changes or if the game uses symbols, look at those. In the memory viewer, you have the option to enumerate dll's and symbols, as well as viewing all referenced strings and functions. All of these things can be hugely beneficial for finding hard-to-locate areas of code. Be sure that you have 'show symbols' checked in memory viewer.
drtrade
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you METHOS for spending so much time for a proper answer.
However I think I can't upvote you yet, too new?
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries. I believe there is a minimum post count for that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: