Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Auto Reattach after Close

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Junebug
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:26 am    Post subject: Auto Reattach after Close Reply with quote

So, for example, if I wanted to set the speed of a process when it is opened like this:
Code:
strings_add(getAutoAttachList(), "filename.exe")

function onOpenProcess(processid)
  reinitializeSymbolhandler()
  speedhack_setSpeed(69.420)
end

And then, if the process is closed, and opened again, have the trainer open the new process?

It seems that it doesn't try to open the process the second time, and requires closing and opening of the trainer.

I tried some things similar to code posted in this thread viewtopic.php?t=590284 but to no avail, also that code seems to cause extreme lag, at least when executed inside of CE.

Also, I'd also greatly prefer to have no trainer GUI if possible and let it run in the background, closing with task manager is fine.

I feel like this should be easy, but I've never really done much with lua.
mgr.inz.Player
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
function onOpenProcess(processid)
  reinitializeSymbolhandler()
  speedhack_setSpeed(69.420)
end

function reopenProcessThreadFunc(thread, processName)
  thread.name = '"reopenProcessThread"'

while true do
    if readInteger(processName)==nil then
      if openProcess(processName) then
      --synchronize(function () FormName.LabelName.Caption='process opened' end)
      else
      --synchronize(function () FormName.LabelName.Caption='process not found' end)
      end
    end
    sleep(5000)
  end
end

createNativeThread(reopenProcessThreadFunc,"processname.exe")

How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that makes some sense, lua is a little weird but not all that complicated. Sorry if this is unusual, but I'd like to double check my understanding and ask a few questions(I'm trying to learn so I can do things for my self and perhaps help others in the future). Comments below.

Code:
function onOpenProcess(processid) --Makes CE do this when process is hooked (How does this work if it is never called? It works by itself so I don't understand it... Part of CE and not lua? The documentation page exists but is empty.)
  reinitializeSymbolhandler() --Reload symbols to avoid running assembly code too early (Not sure how symbols work, haven't touched assembly in years)
  speedhack_setSpeed(69.420) --Calls CE includes to set the speedhack
end

function reopenProcessThreadFunc(thread, processName) --Define's a function
  thread.name = '"reopenProcessThread"' --Name's thread, not sure why this is needed. Maybe defining this function as a thread is nessecary for some reason.

while true do --Infinite loop
    if readInteger(processName)==nil then --If the process is closed the value returns to nil, this checks that to avoid spamming the hook routine over and over I believe. Might not even be needed if it wouldn't hurt to just rehook over and over, could just be there to avoid spamming the console output of the two commented out lines below.
      if openProcess(processName) then --Tries to rehook the process
      --synchronize(function () FormName.LabelName.Caption='process opened' end) {commented out, would normally output in a console I suppose}
      else
      --synchronize(function () FormName.LabelName.Caption='process not found' end) {commented out, would normally output in a console I suppose}
      end
    end
    sleep(5000)--Wait 5 seconds before restarting routine
  end
end

createNativeThread(reopenProcessThreadFunc,"processname.exe") --Runs the function as a thread.
mgr.inz.Player
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
synchronize(function () FormName.LabelName.Caption='process opened' end)

If you have a window, with cheat list, images, buttons and etc., you can add additional label.

For example Form name is UDF1, label name is lblStatus, this line will update label caption
Code:
UDF1.lblStatus.Caption='process opened'

I commented it out because I don't know what your form and components names are, or if you have a Form at all.

Because we are inside a thread function (which is not the main thread) and we want to access GUI components we have to use this:
Code:
synchronize(function () UDF1.lblStatus.Caption='process opened' end)

Quote:
readInteger(processName)

If the process is closed the value returns to nil, this checks that to avoid spamming the hook routine over and over I believe. Might not even be needed if it wouldn't hurt to just rehook over and over, could just be there to avoid spamming the console output of the two commented out lines below.

Opening process over and over will result in executing onOpenProcess function over and over.

readInteger in a loop is not a big deal. Doesn't take much CPU time.

Code:
function onOpenProcess(processid) --Makes CE do this when process is hooked (How does this work if it is never called? It works by itself so I don't understand it... Part of CE and not lua? The documentation page exists but is empty.)

CE checks if onOpenProcess is defined, if yes it executes it.

Code:
  If this function is defined it will be called whenever cheat engine opens a process.
  Note: The the same process might be opened multiple times in a row internally
  Note 2: This function is called before attachment is fully done. You can call reinitializeSymbolhandler() to force the open to complete, but it will slow down process opens. Alternatively, you could launch a timer which will run when the opening has finished

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: