Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

@DarkByte [CE 6.5 TWO BUGS]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stacktrace
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:26 am    Post subject: @DarkByte [CE 6.5 TWO BUGS] Reply with quote

Hi, I'd like to point out two bugs I've discovered. The first one finds itself in the main form of Cheat Engine, the value scanner. If you input something Lua related such as Test() in the scanner, perhaps the 4 bytes one then you hit First Scan you'll get a [string "return Test()"1]: attempt toc all a nil value (global 'Test'). If you scan for showMessage("TEST") it'll also make a message box appear, same with print and any other function that works like this.

Now, the second bug is something that has been bothering me for a long time now. It finds itself in the DBVM debugger (off topic: nice work making it more stable in 6.5) Alright so, if you toggle the kernelmode debugger in Debugger Options your only choice will be 'Hardware Breakpoints (Max 4), now that's understandable, but what I don't understand is the fact it says Max 4 when breakpoints break after 3. It's been like this for years now and as a huge user of the kernelmode debugger it's a shame I can't use the last spot as (Max 4). And if possible, are you by any chance able to give it a bit more space such as 6 breakpoints? I'm not very experienced with debuggers so if that would end up stressing the computer then I understand you can't, but if it would require less processors on runtime I wouldn't mind turning them down, but yeah I'd like an explanation for the (Max 4) breakpoints as they clearly break at 3. (It's clearly a bug and it does not only replicate for me) I'm using Windows 8 64bit.

No problem!
hhhuut
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't really say something to your issues, but as to your last point (increasing the maximum number of hardware breakpoints), this is not possible, since processors only have four usable debug register (which are used for this kind of debug).
So this number is limited to the hardware ...
Stacktrace
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hhhuut wrote:
Can't really say something to your issues, but as to your last point (increasing the maximum number of hardware breakpoints), this is not possible, since processors only have four usable debug register (which are used for this kind of debug).

Ouch, just realized how silly I just made myself look. Now that's understandable, I just woke up so I can't think straight, but do you have any explanation for the max 4 issue?
mgostIH
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tender wrote:
hhhuut wrote:

Ouch, just realized how silly I just made myself look. Now that's understandable, I just woke up so I can't think straight, but do you have any explanation for the max 4 issue?

One of the hardware breakpoints might already be used by your machine.

ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't really consider your first point to be a bug either- it's more of a feature. Now CE showing the same error message 4 times before saying it's an invalid input is kind of annoying and should be fixed, but the inclusion of attempting to parse the input as a Lua expression if the initial parse as a value fails is a pretty great feature IMO.

That showMessage("str") thing definitely isn't a bug, since CE should run the code you put into it. If you don't want it to show a message, then don't put showMessage("str").

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: