Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help with Trine table.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taibreah
Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Need help with Trine table. Reply with quote

Hello,

I've been watching some tutorials on how to use Cheat Engine to make my own cheats. Since Trine doesn't have an updated table/trainer I'm trying to make one myself to get infinite (unchanging) health, but I'm stuck. I followed the video tutorial that Rydian posted, but my outcomes are very different, and I'm not sure what to do with the movss [esi+00002C8],xmm0 or if that is really the right one. I think it's the right one for health because as I took damage the bar went down, but the health bar also went up when I locked in health at 100 points, although it only went back up after I switched to another player (ie: switched from the Archer to the Wizard).

However, when I play the game and have the health locked in at 100 points, the health bar still goes down when I take damage.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

PS: As there are 3 players in this game, I think I have to do each one individually, but right now I'm working on getting the infinite health for Zoya (the Archer).
Rydian
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a float, so if you want to overwrite it with a static value you'd do something like...

movss [esi+000002C8],(Float)100

(Float)100 tells CE to put in the right hex representation for a float value of 100.

Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did that but it came up with an error that it can't be compiled.

Is it supposed to be like this:
movss [esi+000002C8],xmm0
mov [esi+000002C8],(Float)100
jmp return
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

movss m32,imm32 isn't a valid addressing mode of the movss instruction. Just use mov instead since (float)100 automatically translates 100 into a imm32fp, and all you have to do is move those bytes into [esi+2C8], which can be done without using the SSE registers (i.e. xmm0, xmm1...).

Note that if the game uses xmm0 after that instruction, it still might be a good idea to write your new value into the xmm0 register first. If the game doesn't use xmm0 after that movss (i.e. it's overridden), then don't worry about it and just use the mov.

Kaitha wrote:
However, when I play the game and have the health locked in at 100 points, the health bar still goes down when I take damage.
Does it go back up?
If you change the health yourself and it has no real effect on the game, you haven't found the right value. You probably just found a visual/fake value. Modifying the instructions that write to that address (probably) won't help you.

Taibreah
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're probably right that I haven't found the right address then. Because when I change it to 100 the health bar dosen't refill. Only when I pass thru the checkpoint (which refills health) makes health go up to at least 75 of 100. Well, I guess I'll try again. Thanks.
Rydian
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... yeah if the address you found doesn't have the right effect when changed, anything you do based on that address (minus tracing to find the real from the display) isn't going to do it either.
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so it turns out that the health and mana were not stored as float, and it's used across all three player, so that saved me some time. I found that they are 4 bytes. And, I've got the table working alright now, it's not 100% what I expected, but it does get me locked in health and mana. Only thing is that when I take some damage or use some mana, it goes down, but then locks in after that, so I'm not losing anything after that, so it seems to be functioning as infinite health/mana.
Taibreah
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

I just wanted to say thank you for your help and the tutorials, specifically the Segregating Players/Enemies, as I was having some trouble with this in my Trine table. I'm happy to say the table fully works, and I'll be adding my first contribution soon. Thanks again. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: