Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obfuscating Trainers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Obfuscated
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject: Obfuscating Trainers? Reply with quote

I've finally finished my trainer with the help of all of you guys (thank you so much) but I have one final request. How do you obfuscate trainers? I don't want people stealing my source and making it their own... so is there a way to do this? Thanks!
Rydian
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

You can do a number of things to make it more annoying, more difficult, or require more skills to do successfully, there's multiple techniques to do that and there's some threads here about those methods (including some code snippets).

But you simply cannot have somebody download a file onto their own personal machine and not be able to look at it. If it's on their computer and they want to hard enough and they have the skills, they can look at it and copy it in multiple different ways.

Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubt somebody good enough to disassemble your entire trainer and understanding what happens needs to do so.
If you really want to obscure your trainer, you should code it yourself in languages like C and using special compiler made for obfuscation purporses, but as I said, nobody is gonna go that deep to look for your info.

Obfuscated
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rydian wrote:
No.

You can do a number of things to make it more annoying, more difficult, or require more skills to do successfully, there's multiple techniques to do that and there's some threads here about those methods (including some code snippets).

But you simply cannot have somebody download a file onto their own personal machine and not be able to look at it. If it's on their computer and they want to hard enough and they have the skills, they can look at it and copy it in multiple different ways.

Can't they just open it in Cheat Engine and boom theres the source?
mgostIH
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obfuscated wrote:
Rydian wrote:
No.

If you are this desperate, make your trainer autoclosing when detecting Cheat Engine opening.

++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obfuscated wrote:
-Check the box that says 'protect trainer from editing/reading'. Anything beyond this is unnecessary because if someone is desperate enough, even as a beginner, they can figure out what your trainer does by scanning for the changes.
atom0s

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgostIH wrote:
Doubt somebody good enough to disassemble your entire trainer and understanding what happens needs to do so.
If you really want to obscure your trainer, you should code it yourself in languages like C and using special compiler made for obfuscation purporses, but as I said, nobody is gonna go that deep to look for your info.

With the number of sites out there that sell cheats now, you'd be surprised how many will go stealing others work to sell it on their own site.

mgostIH
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atom0s wrote:
mgostIH wrote:

With the number of sites out there that sell cheats now, you'd be surprised how many will go stealing others work to sell it on their own site.

I do, I found some hacks being "stealed" by at least 4-5 people, but getting the source code is not necessary for stealing&selling.

atom0s

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgostIH wrote:
atom0s wrote:
mgostIH wrote:

I do, I found some hacks being "stealed" by at least 4-5 people, but getting the source code is not necessary for stealing&selling.

In languages like Lua or things like .NET languages (C#/Vb.NET) decompiling is typically the easiest route for someone to take to steal things. Especially if the thing they want is more complex then just monitoring for read/write data from the trainer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: